Printers

Printer repair questions? Ask IT technicians for answers ASAP

I removed a paper jam by removing the back panel. After I…

Customer Question
I removed a paper...

I removed a paper jam by removing the back panel. After I cleared the jam and replaced, the panel, the printer no longer prints. Is there something else I need to do to re-set?

Technician's Assistant: What's the brand and model of your printer?

EPSON WorkForce WF-3640

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on with your WorkForce?

Since I cleared the jam a few weeks ago.

Technician's Assistant: When did you last update the Operating System (OS) on the computer or device you're printing from?

Never. How do I do that?

Technician's Assistant: The Printer Technician will be able to walk you through that. Anything else you want the Printer Expert to know before I connect you?

Will updating the software fix the problem? Thanks

Submitted: 5 months ago.Category: Printers
Answered in 1 hour by:
3/13/2018
Technician: Eldon, Engineer replied 5 months ago
Eldon
Eldon, Engineer

Hello and sorry to hear you're having trouble,

can you tell me if there is any error code/number showing on the printer display currently?

No, there is no error code or number in the printer display. However, I seem to have fixed the problem by cleaning the printer heads, and adjusting the alignment. It is printing again. Thanks anyway, Eldon. Sorry to waste your time.

Thank you for the update, glad it is working again for you.