Printers

Printer repair questions? Ask IT technicians for answers ASAP

Printer went offline need ip address to reconnect it to

Customer Question
Printer went offline...

Printer went offline need ip address to reconnect it to computer (Acer Chromebook 15) Help

Technician's Assistant: How are you connecting to your printer: wirelessly or by USB?

Wirelessly printer does not have a USB outlet

Technician's Assistant: When did you last update the printer driver software?

I dont know It was fine in Feb

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Printer Expert to know before I connect you?

Not sure

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Printers
3/13/2018
Technician: Syseng, Engineer replied 6 months ago
Syseng
Syseng, Engineer

My name is David.

Since the printer was just recently working, I recommend a power reset as

that will drain errors from memory and may resolve the issue. Unplug the

printer power cord and unplug all peripherals. Then leave the printer for

about 5 minutes to let all power drain. Then plug the printer power cord

into a wall socket (not a surge protector or power strip) and then plug the

printer back into all peripherals. Then power up the printer and test to see

if the issue is resolved.

Please let me know the result and if you need further assistance.