Printers

Printer repair questions? Ask IT technicians for answers ASAP

Can't get my HP Officejet Pro 8620 to print again. I used…

Can't get my HP...

Can't get my HP Officejet Pro 8620 to print again. I used the duplex option this morning -- now I cannot use the glass screen and it keeps stating that I have a Paperjam and there are NO PAPERS JAMMED. Can't seem to undo the automatic feeder option.

Technician's Assistant: What kind of computer or device are you printing from?

Right now I am on my MacBook Pro and have High Sierra Version 10.13.3.

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on with your OfficeJet?

Ever since I used the automatic feeder on the Printer.

Technician's Assistant: When did you last update the Operating System (OS) on your jo-1018

This morning

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Printer Expert to know before I connect you?

I am also unable to go back to just printing from the glass screen and bypass the automatic feeder. It keeps reverting and giving me an error message. Thank you!

Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Secure Remote Assistance.
Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
3/13/2018
Harry, Engineer

Hello:

Welcome to JustAnswer! My name is ***** ***** I am happy to be assisting you today. My sincerest apologies that it look so long for someone to reply. I've just logged in and saw your question waiting and I'm happy to assist you. Before we begin, can you please let me know if you still need help with your question? Just use the reply box to let me know.

I still have the same problem but it is late at night now and we are out to dinner. Can someone help me in the morning? Anne Holmstrom

Yes

No — I don’t have that kind of money.

OK

I'm ready for you to help me get my printer functioning again.
I believe I already told you I can't afford that. I am a senior citizen on social security.
Is anyone there?
Still waiting.

With the printer powered on, remove the power cord from the back.

Wait 2 minutes

Plug back in the power cord and power it on

Do you still have the error?

Already tried that but Im trying again.
Did that. The following message keeps returning no matter what I do. Also, I don't know how to "Remove the automatic two-sided printing accessory from the back of the printer." Here's the message:'REMOVE THE REAR ACCESS PANEL OR AUTOMATIC TWO-SIDED PRINTING ACCESSORY FROM THE BACK OF THE PRINTER, AND THEN CLEAR ANY PAPER. IF REQUIRED, OPEN THE FRONT COVER OR INK CARTRIDGE ACCESS DOOR AND CLEAR ANY PAPER. TOUCH OK WHEN DONE.I've done all this number times and still that message appears. How do I get out of automatic printing at this point? There is no paper jammed inside this printer!!!!!!
Is anyone there? I am getting ready to leave for a very important appointment.

How old is the printer?

Already told you I don't have the money.
Is this a Con?

Call customer service at 1-***-***-****

The printer is a little over 1 year old.
I've given you all the model information and the serial number at the beginning.

The model and serial number do not help with the age of the printer.

Unfortunately, the error that you are experiencing is an internal failure which would require repair/replacement. The bad news is that your printer is outside of warranty and it would cost more to repair the printer than to buy a new one. You can purchase a new one for around $50-$60 at a local electronics store such as Best Buy.

Thank you.

You're welcome -- I apologize that I had to deliver the bad news to you. Please understand that we do not like to deliver bad news because our rating on the site is based on the feedback of our customers so bad news situations are difficult to deal with. Thankfully, a large majority of our customers are understanding that we are just messengers in the situation and do not take it out on the rating system.

My goal is to give you the best experience possible! I hope I have earned a 5 star rating! Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen before you leave today. If you need more assistance, please use the reply box and let me know.

Hi! As per your recommendation, I purchased a new HP Printer (Officejet 6958) and am in the process of setting it up. Right now I am stuck on locating its IP address to connect it for wireless printing. However, my husband has a printer in the room and it reverts to that printer on the screen.How do I connect MY printer for wireless printing? Please help.
Are you there?

You do not need to manually enter the IP address -- You need to connect the printer itself to Wi-Fi then you can add it to your computer

How do I connect the printer to WiFi when the printer screen is only showing the language to use and I can’t get past that? Anne

You will need to select the language to continue to the next screen

I did select English but it won’t move past that.
Someone is at the door — will get back to you ASAP.

Unfortunately, you will need to open a new question since the previous issue is resolved so that I can receive credit for both issues.

Harry, Engineer