Printers

Printer repair questions? Ask IT technicians for answers ASAP

My Epson XP-430 printer needs me to replace the "M"

Customer Question
My Epson XP-430 printer...

My Epson XP-430 printer needs me to replace the "M" cartridge. I have the replacement, but the printer instruction is in a loop: "You need to replace the M cartridge" - I hit OK; it says Replace now. I say OK. "Please wait..." "Replace the ink cartridges" I hit "start" It says "Checking ink cartridges" then I get back to the Warning screen "You need to replace the M ink cartridge"

Technician's Assistant: What kind of computer or device are you printing from?

Mac OS X 10.11.6. -- and I did just download the printer driver, and also did a printer driver update.

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on with your XP-430?

I ran out of ink on Friday and it would not let me proceed, or try to print in black and white--when I turn on the printer, it is on the homne screen for about 10 seconds and then immediately goes to the Warning "You need to replace the following ink cartridges (M)" screen

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Printers
3/12/2018
Technician: Sudipto, Engineer replied 4 months ago
Sudipto, Engineer

Hi, I'm Sudipto. Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now and will post back with your reply ASAP

Did you replace the cartridge?

I cannot get to that step. I have a cartridge here but the printer does not progress to the stage of letting me replace. I simply is in a loop that asks me if I want to replace it. My question is how do I break the loop and get back to the home screen where I can select the process?
No I do not want to spend $39. Please reply to my question.
I got it. Cancelling this membership,