Printers

Printer repair questions? Ask IT technicians for answers ASAP

I have a HP Office Jet 6958 Printer. There is a code

Customer Question
I have a HP...

I have a HP Office Jet 6958 Printer. There is a code 0x6100004a. There is a problem with the printer or print system.Turn the printer Off, then On (which I have done). If you continue to get this message, contact HP. That's what I am doing.

Technician's Assistant: Is your OfficeJet displaying the error on all print jobs, even after you restart it?

It has also give me a warning of a paper jam, but there is no paper jam.

Technician's Assistant: When did you last update the printer driver software?

I'll try that - how do I do that?

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Printer Expert to know before I connect you?

Not at this time.

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Printers
Answered in 1 minute by:
3/12/2018
Technician: technicalcat, Consultant replied 4 months ago
technicalcat
technicalcat, Consultant

Hello and thank you for using JustAnswer. This is an independent, pay-per-question, fee-based technical support site.

My name is ***** ***** I will help you now.

1) Please remove all cartridges from printer with printer powered ON.

2) Wipe off contacts on cartridges with clean lint free cloth or paper towel.

3) Unplug printer from POWER (you wall power outlet), so printer goes dark

4) While the power is UNPLUGGED, press and hold the power button on printer for at least 30 seconds. Then, release power button.

5) Plug printer back in , and power on

6) Reinstall ink cartridges.

Please let me know results of these steps. Thanks.

NOTE: To reply to me, please type your message in the box below and click the button to send.

The print cartridges will not center and allow me to remove and start the process.

Try unplugging printer, and holding power button down after unplug. Skip steps relating to print cartrdiges. Let me know results. thanks.

Working Thx!

If I've helped you today, please remember to rate my service by clicking the stars. Rating costs nothing more and helps me. I strive for excellent 5 star service. Please also remember you can followup with me on this issue after rating for no additional fee if you have any further questions.

Thanks for using Justanswer.