Printers

Printer repair questions? Ask IT technicians for answers ASAP

I am unable to prink black ink from the cartridge. I just…

Customer Question
Good afternoon. I...

Good afternoon. I am unable to prink black ink from the cartridge. I just replaced the color and the black ones . The color ones work fine, the black is printing blank. I did a maintenance clean on the printer heads and its still printing blank

Technician's Assistant: Have you tried running your printer's self-cleaning cycle? (Sometimes you have to run this several times to see results.)

Im not seeing a self cleaning cycle. there is a print head cleaning, a paper cleaning, and a print head nozzle check.

Technician's Assistant: Have you tried wiping down the metal contacts on your printer and cartridges?

Is that metal piece that runs behind the ink cartridges? Kind of like a track ?

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Printer Expert to know before I connect you?

Nope, I dont beleive so. I just tried printing it again and it printed blank

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Printers
Answered in 1 minute by:
3/12/2018
Technician: Shefin, Printer and Office Equip. Specialist replied 4 months ago
Shefin, Printer and Office Equip. Specialist

Hello!

Thank you for your question. I am Shefin and I look forward to helping you with your issue today.

Make sure that you are using exact model, and original cartridges. Then, try the following and let me know the response.

Remove all the ink cartridges from the machine.

Then clean the contacts on the cartridges as well as inside the machine itself. Inside means the printhead where the cartrdige seats.

Do this with a small amount of warm water on a cotton swab until no ink comes off on the swab.

If any of the cartridges are low, empty, leaking or bulging replace them.

Then turn off the machine and unplug it for 5 minutes.

Plug it back it and wait for the insert cartridges message. When inserting the cartridges back, make sure you insert the black cartridge first.

Insert the cartridges and check to see if the problem is still there.

If the issue persists, or you have any questions, please be back and let me know.

If you appreciate my service, please rate it EXCELLENT by clicking the EXCELLENT (5 Stars) and Submit.

My goal is to provide you with excellent service – if you feel you have gotten anything less, please reply back, I am happy to address follow-up questions. Thank you for your business!

Thank you!

Yeah it didn't work. It printed about half of the page, skipping lines. Now the printer is telling me that I have to replace the color cartridges , but I just put brand new ones in today.