Printers

Printer repair questions? Ask IT technicians for answers ASAP

I need to network it with my new laptop and I cant get them…

I need to network...

I need to network it with my new laptop and I cant get them to recognize each other

Technician's Assistant: How are you connecting to your printer: wirelessly or by USB?

Wireless

Technician's Assistant: When did you last update the printer driver software?

I have not updated it since i got it in november I'm not very tech savy, needless to say

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Printer Expert to know before I connect you?

No, i don't think so

3/12/2018
Richard, Technician

Thank you for your question. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.

Can you tell me the make and model of the device you are trying to network?

Please let me know

The laptop is a Toshiba and the printer is an HP officejet Pro 7740

Ok, has the printer worked on the Toshiba before?

I would just like instructions, I don't want to pay any more fees. Is this HP?

You are referring to a service the website offers, which being optional, can be ignored if you do not wish to use it.

Please ignore it and reply here to my last question I sent you please

No, I just got the toshiba

yes, is this the first time, you have tried to setup the printer on the Toshiba?

Thanks

Have you connected the printer yet to the wireless network?

it is waiting for the Toshiba to connect with it

Ok, now on the Toshiba, Click start, type in Control and click on control panel.

Then type in the search there

Devices

and click on devices and printers

Then click on Add printer

When it shows, click on it to allow it to install

Let me know how you go please

Thank you

It does not show my printer. Just a bunch of ones used previously on this computer.

ok, then it is not on the network

Put the installation disk in from the printer please and run the installation.

This will connect it to the wifi networks as one of the steps

Let me know please how you go

I put the disc in now what?

Now run the installation from the disk please and it will tell you what to click on in the windows that show.

Let me know how you go please

I got the disc to upload, but now i lost that screen
trying to go back and forth is messing with what we're doing.

You will see it at the bottom of the screen, as a setup icon

I can also do these steps for you, and have made a request via Additional Services. This is optional, and if you choose to do this, I can, with your permission, remote into your computer while you watch and do all these steps (and deal with any problems that arise during them) for you. Or if you do not choose to take this service, we can continue here. This is no problem at all. Just let me know please.

I found the control panel again. What do I need to do now?

Complete the installation please from the disk

How do I know it's complete? I'm sorry I'm not understanding what I'm doing.
It says there are 104 items.

Can I connect to your computer and do this for you please?

Richard, Technician
Sure
How do we do this

Please click this link

http://www.justanswer.com/remotedesktop/join.aspx?Session=386da539-2587-4ecd-ab7f-6ef316d8d5b2

Click I agree and run the file please that downloads at the bottom of your screen called Elisonor

I have been using my phone so i clicked the I agree on there by accident

No problem, please do the instructions on your computer

I am right now
The only thing I need on the printer screens is this printer
I just want to say I'm sorry I don't know how to do this. This is all for my stained glass business.

No need to say sorry

What happened?

nothing, now try to print