Printers

Printer repair questions? Ask IT technicians for answers ASAP

My canon printer is printing pictures that come out faded…

Customer Question
My canon printer is...

My canon printer is printing pictures that come out faded like. I have new ink cartriges install an d I did an update on my computer. Please help me.

Technician's Assistant: What's the model of your printer?

IP 100

Technician's Assistant: Are you getting any error messages? Are you able to open the lid that covers the cartridges on your printer?

No messages yes I can open the cover

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Printer Expert to know before I connect you?

That is enough

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Printers
3/12/2018
Technician: Suhasini Velu,
 replied 6 months ago
Suhasini Velu

Hello. My name is***** to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now, and will post back with your reply momentarily. Before we proceed with any troubleshooting, please once unplug your printer from the wall outlet wait for 2 minutes and plug it back in. Let me know when this is done.

I unplug
Technician: Suhasini Velu,
 replied 6 months ago

How about the computer you have is that Windows?

plugedd back in
Technician: Suhasini Velu,
 replied 6 months ago

Alright, we have to perform a cleaning here on your printer.

Please wait until I compose the instructions for you to do that.

Toshiba
Technician: Suhasini Velu,
 replied 6 months ago
  1. Make sure that the power is turned on.

2. Hold down the RESUME/CANCEL button until the POWER lamp flashes once, then release it immediately.

The printer starts cleaning the print head.

The cleaning will be complete when the POWER lamp lights after flashing.

Do not perform any other operations until the printer completes the cleaning of the print head. This takes about 1 to 2 minutes.

3. Check the print head condition.

done
Technician: Suhasini Velu,
 replied 6 months ago

Now try printing something.

how do I check the print
head condition
Technician: Suhasini Velu,
 replied 6 months ago

Which means you have to try printing something and we will check the print quality.