Printers

Printer repair questions? Ask IT technicians for answers ASAP

My printing pages are cutting off on the top of the page,

Customer Question
My printing pages are...

My printing pages are cutting off on the top of the page, need to reset margins

Technician's Assistant: What's the brand and model of your printer?

I've tried a 2 new canon printers and took them both back. My old HP 2400 printer works fine but cuts off the top of the page as did the new canons i tried I've figured out that the probem is with the computer not the printers

Submitted: 1 month ago.Category: Printers
3/12/2018
Technician: Richard, Technician replied 1 month ago
Richard, Technician

Thank you for your question, my name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.

Please note, a rating is only needed when we are finished.

Can you please remove the power to the printer (so unplug it from the power socket).

Then wait 10 minutes, connect the power again to the printer, turn it on and tell me please if it is now operating correctly.

Let me know the results please

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
did not resolve problem print is still on the uppermost line on top cutting out sentences

Thanks

Can you remove the ink from the printer then power it off.

then using a Q-Tip with cleaning alcohol (or warm water if you do not have any), clean out the areas where the ink goes in.

Then use a damp cloth and wipe down the inside of the printer.

Once done, let it dry for 10 minutes

Then put the ink back in, power it on and tell me if it then prints correctly please

This will also allow you to see if any foreign objects are in the printer which may cause this.

John, Computer Science Engineer