Printers

Printer repair questions? Ask IT technicians for answers ASAP

Cannot get printer to print. Got new cartridges. I changed…

Customer Question
Cannot get printer to...

Cannot get printer to print. Got new cartridges. I changed from Comcast to centurylink. Would that make a difference?

Technician's Assistant: How are you connecting to your printer: wirelessly or by USB?

Wireless

Technician's Assistant: When did you last update the printer driver software?

Can't remember

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Printer Expert to know before I connect you?

Don't believe so. If you could help me it would be so appreciated. Not smart when it comes to electronics.

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Printers
3/12/2018
Technician: Richard, Technician replied 4 months ago
Richard, Technician

Thank you for your question. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.

Can you tell me please exactly what happens when you try to print?

Please let me know

The printer acted like it was going to print, but when the paper was out nothing on it.

Can you please remove the power to the printer (so unplug it from the power socket).

Then wait 10 minutes, connect the power again to the printer, turn it on and tell me please if it is now operating correctly.

Let me know the results please

will do.

Thank you

Printer still won't print.

Thanks

Can you remove the ink from the printer then power it off.

then using a Q-Tip with cleaning alcohol (or warm water if you do not have any), clean out the areas where the ink goes in.

Then use a damp cloth and wipe down the inside of the printer.

Once done, let it dry for 10 minutes

Then put the ink back in, power it on and tell me if it then prints correctly please

This will also allow you to see if any foreign objects are in the printer which may cause this.