Printers

Printer repair questions? Ask IT technicians for answers ASAP

Thanks for being there. I accidentally switched language and…

Customer Question
Hi. thanks for...

Hi. thanks for being there. I accidentally switched language and can't return to english. please help. Thanks.

Technician's Assistant: What's the brand and model of your printer?

Canon mg7720

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on with your MG7720?

20 minutes

Technician's Assistant: When did you last update the Operating System (OS) on the computer or device you're printing from?

Wow? probably a month ago, i think. if not then, then many months ago

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Printers
I went to bed! I'll have to consider your answer tomorrow morning. Thank you.
3/12/2018
Technician: Moses C, Computer Hardware Engineer replied 4 months ago
Moses C
Moses C, Computer Hardware Engineer

Hi, Welcome to JustAnswer.com, this is a preminum/paid service, thank you for utilizing our service.
I am sorry to hear that you are facing such trouble with your printer with unwanted language selection.
I will be the expert in assisting with the issue you are having.

Changing Settings from the MG7720 Operation Panel
This section describes the procedure to change the settings in the Device settings screen, taking the steps to specify Extended copy amount as an example.

Make sure machine is turned on.

Flick HOME screen and tap Setup.

Using the Operation Panel

Tap Device settings.

The Device settings screen is displayed.

Tap a setting item to adjust. Print settings is used in this example

For Touch screen Model
The setting screen for the selected item is displayed.

Tap a setting item. Extended copy amount is used in this example

For Touch screen Model
Tap a setting to specify.

For Touch screen
Setting has been completed

My priority is 100% customer satisfaction, complete the rating after the problem is fixed/resolved and if you are unable to follow any given steps please click on View response/reply button and post me a reply i will continue in assisting you further.

Hi, Moses. Thank you. The trouble is that I cannot read and understand whatever language is displayed. Therefore, the HOME screen is all that I am sure of except that I do remember which screen (with the picture of tools) is the Setup button.. For example, which is the Operation Panel. And which is Device settings. I could easily change the language back to English if English were the language that is displayed, but I have no idea what language is displayed and I cannot read and understand the words. I think you will have to tell me other things like "Tap the 3rd line down," or "Tap the words on the right-hand side," or "Tap on the picture of (something)." Thank you for your continued help.Duane

what language is currently being viewed on the panel

I don't know! Under what I imagine to be the HOME screen picture, it shows CkaHyB. Does that help you? And under what I am sure is the Settings picture (screwdriver and pliers picture) it shows HacTpoloBaHHA.

Click on the link given below its has instructions on English and pictures on foreign language this will help you to bring it back to
English.

I hope this worked?