Printers

Printer repair questions? Ask IT technicians for answers ASAP

I have an HP ENVY 4524 printer. It has sufficient ink but my…

I have an HP...

I have an HP ENVY 4524 printer. It has sufficient ink but my printed copies are coming out pale pink. Can you tell me how to fix this please?

Technician's Assistant: What's the brand and model of your printer?

As above

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on with your printer?

Just started

Technician's Assistant: When did you last update the Operating System (OS) on the computer or device you're printing from?

Not too recently

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Printer Expert to know before I connect you?

No, that’s all thank you

3/12/2018
Michelle
Michelle, Printer Expert

Hi my name is ***** ***** I will be the expert working with you today to help and resolve the problem you have posted.

You are at www.justanswer.com services.
I am sorry to hear that you are having such trouble. I will try my best to help you out

What Operating System (OS) is running on the computer that's connected to the printer

11.2.5 (15D60)

follow these steps on the printer

1. On the printer control panel, swipe the display to the left, then touch Setup.

2. Touch Tools, then touch Clean Cartridges.

3. once a print quality report prints , you may may try printing something and let me know if there is any improvement in the quality of prints

Thank you, ***** ***** what you suggested twice but the copies are still of very poor quality, illegible in fact.
Any further suggestions?

remove the ink from printer and shake the cartridges a bit

use a cotton swab and alcohol and clean the nozzles of the ink

then reinsert ink and try a print

let me know the status

Do I get a refund if the advice has not worked?

i am sorry but we are still in the process of diagnosing the actual root cause of the problem

once i am able to diagnose, then i can suggest if it a setting reset or cleaning that will help or a part needs to be replaced

if problem is diagnosed to be a hardware one then my answer would be suggesting a repair so hope you understand that then only once unit is serviced problem will get fixed

No better unfortunately

ok. when was the last time you changed inks?

It’s quite new and only used for home use occasionally

how old is the printer

When required, about two months ago, but it has worked since then. It still has 1/4 levels in both colour and black

are you using this printer with a windows computer or mac

Ipad, or iPhone as usual
Michelle, are you still there?

yes still here

seems my last message did not go through

do you have a computer as well?

my husband has a Microsoft desk top which he very occasionally links to the printer

when you run a head cleaning does the print quality page also print in pale pink or does it show all the colors

Other colours as well but all very faint
If I get you to fix it remotely, is it an additional $55 or inclusive of the $35 I have already paid? The printer has a retail value of about $80, the ink of course, is more expensive.

in that case i would suggest to run the head cleaning once more

if still the problem persists, there are 2 possibilities

1. it could be a ink cartridge issue and you may try swapping ink with new ones

2. if ink replacement too does not help, then the printhead might be clogged

let me know once you have run a head cleaning again

I ran it again twice whilst waiting for your answer. It’s no better. I will change the ink cartridges now.

ok. let me know once you have changed and tried a print

It’s fine now Michelle, but it told me the previous ink cartridges were still 1/4 full and was not alerting me to low ink levels as it normally does. Do you think the previous cartridges were faulty?

no it seems that the ink sensor did not read the ink levels

since its printing fine with new inks printer should be fine to run now

you may run a printer reset just to ensure that all sensors get reset

to do so, turn off printer and unplug power cord

keep the ON button on printer pressed for 10 secs

wait for a minute and then plug in power cord and turn on printer

print something and let me know if it prints fine or not

Michelle
Michelle, Printer Expert
I did that, thank you. Good night to you.

you are welcome