Printers

Printer repair questions? Ask IT technicians for answers ASAP

CError message that color cartridge cannot be recognzied. It…

CError message that color...

CError message that color cartridge cannot be recognzied. It is a new cartridge (not Cannon, but re-manufactured C-CL41C

Technician's Assistant: Is your Canon printer displaying the error on all print jobs, even after you restart it?

Yes

Technician's Assistant: When did you last update the printer driver software?

A month ago. Downloaded form itnernet

Answered in 1 hour by:
3/12/2018
Harry, Engineer

Hello:

Welcome to JustAnswer! My name is ***** ***** I am happy to be assisting you today. My sincerest apologies that it look so long for someone to reply. I've just logged in and saw your question waiting and I'm happy to assist you. Before we begin, can you please let me know if you still need help with your question? Just use the reply box to let me know.

I still have the problem. I just downloaded the Windows 10 driver for Canon ink jet printers. No luck.Not interested in spending $39 for remote repair. I can buy a new printer on Amazon for close to that. Let ne know if I can fix this on my own...or whether I should just chuck the printer

With the printer powered on, remove the power cord from the back.

Wait 2 minutes

Plug back in the power cord and power it on

Do you still have the error?

now the alert light is flashing 16 times rather than 5 times, as before

How old is the printer?

Quite old... at least 10 years

Unfortunately, the error that you are experiencing is an internal failure which would require repair/replacement. The bad news is that your printer is outside of warranty and it would cost more to repair the printer than to buy a new one. You can purchase a new one for around $50-$60 at a local electronics store such as Best Buy.

OK. That's what I thought

I apologize that I had to deliver the bad news to you. Please understand that we do not like to deliver bad news because our rating on the site is based on the feedback of our customers so bad news situations are difficult to deal with. Thankfully, a large majority of our customers are understanding that we are just messengers in the situation and do not take it out on the rating system.

My goal is to give you the best experience possible! I hope I have earned a 5 star rating! Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen before you leave today. If you need more assistance, please use the reply box and let me know.

Harry, Engineer