Printers

Printer repair questions? Ask IT technicians for answers ASAP

I have an Epson Stylus Photo 1400. After changing to windows…

Customer Question
I have an Epson...

I have an Epson Stylus Photo 1400. After changing to windows 10 I no long have a status monitor on my computer. I cannot tell which color ink is low. I know it is time to change one of my ink cartridges but I can't tell which color and I am not sure what buttons to press to change the ink. My status monitor used to come up whenever I used the printer and indicated whihc ink need to be chagned and I could also get insturcitons how to do it.

Technician's Assistant: Is this the first time you've had to change the ink for your Stylus?

I have tried to download the software (form Epson's website) for the status monitor, but it did not work

Technician's Assistant: Are you getting any error messages? Are you able to open the lid that covers the cartridges on your printer?

Sure I can open the lid

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Printer Expert to know before I connect you?

On the front of the printer there are three buttons. One looks like a tear drop (or ink drop) that button is lit in red.

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Printers
Prior to upgrading to windows 10 this printer had a status monitor that would open in a new window and indicate how the printer was working. That status monitor is gone. I tried to find the download o Epson's website and download it. I tried but the download did not add the monitor.Prior to upgrading to windows 10 this printer worked great for years with no issues.
3/12/2018
Technician: Fran, Computer Support Specialist replied 6 months ago
Fran
Fran, Computer Support Specialist

Hi, my name is ***** ***** welcome to JustAnswer. I'll be the one to assist you with your question today. I apologize for the extended wait time you've experienced, I've only just come online now and would like to assist you with your question.

Are you still needing assistance?

I still need to fix the problem. I sent my question over an hour ago. It is late and I can do anything on my computer tonight. I though I was going to get an answer is 5 minutes. But I cannot try anything my computer now. It is late

yes question came to over at 9:34 and I tried to contact you the first time at 10:12

I’ll try this again tomorrow.
Technician: Harry, Engineer replied 6 months ago
Harry, Engineer

Hello:

Welcome to JustAnswer! My name is ***** ***** I am happy to be assisting you today. My sincerest apologies that it look so long for someone to reply. I've just logged in and saw your question waiting and I'm happy to assist you. Before we begin, can you please let me know if you still need help with your question? Just use the reply box to let me know.