Harry, Engineer
Experience:  IT at Justanswer
100894602

I have an Epson Stylus Photo 1400. After changing to windows

Customer Question

I have an Epson Stylus Photo 1400. After changing to windows 10 I no long have a status monitor on my computer. I cannot tell which color ink is low. I know it is time to change one of my ink cartridges but I can't tell which color and I am not sure what buttons to press to change the ink. My status monitor used to come up whenever I used the printer and indicated whihc ink need to be chagned and I could also get insturcitons how to do it.
JA: Is this the first time you've had to change the ink for your Stylus?
Customer: I have tried to download the software (form Epson's website) for the status monitor, but it did not work
JA: Are you getting any error messages? Are you able to open the lid that covers the cartridges on your printer?
Customer: sure I can open the lid
JA: Anything else you want the Printer Expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: On the front of the printer there are three buttons. One looks like a tear drop (or ink drop) that button is lit in red.
Category: Printers
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Prior to upgrading to windows 10 this printer had a status monitor that would open in a new window and indicate how the printer was working. That status monitor is gone. I tried to find the download o Epson's website and download it. I tried but the download did not add the monitor.Prior to upgrading to windows 10 this printer worked great for years with no issues.
Expert:  Fran replied 8 months ago.

Hi, my name is ***** ***** welcome to JustAnswer. I'll be the one to assist you with your question today. I apologize for the extended wait time you've experienced, I've only just come online now and would like to assist you with your question.

Expert:  Fran replied 8 months ago.

Are you still needing assistance?

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
I still need to fix the problem. I sent my question over an hour ago. It is late and I can do anything on my computer tonight. I though I was going to get an answer is 5 minutes. But I cannot try anything my computer now. It is late
Expert:  Fran replied 8 months ago.

yes question came to over at 9:34 and I tried to contact you the first time at 10:12

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
I’ll try this again tomorrow.
Expert:  Harry replied 8 months ago.

Hello:

Welcome to JustAnswer! My name is ***** ***** I am happy to be assisting you today. My sincerest apologies that it look so long for someone to reply. I've just logged in and saw your question waiting and I'm happy to assist you. Before we begin, can you please let me know if you still need help with your question? Just use the reply box to let me know.