Printers

Printer repair questions? Ask IT technicians for answers ASAP

I just bought a printer but I'm not sure on how to install…

Hi I just bought...

Hi I just bought a printer but I'm not sure on how to install it

Technician's Assistant: What's the brand and model of your printer?

Its Epson workforce wf-100

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on with your WorkForce?

I just bought it today

Technician's Assistant: When did you last update the Operating System (OS) on the computer or device you're printing from?

I wanna print from my cellphone

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Printer Expert to know before I connect you?

Ill be out of home when I'm printing

3/12/2018
Dustin, Printer Repair Specialist
Experience: A deep understanding and technical prowess in the finer points of printing and printer repair. Also worked in The US Army as A Network Switching Systems Operator/Controller

Welcome to Justanswer.com, my name is Dustin.
I'm sorry to hear about the issue you are having, I will do my best to help you resolve it.

To get started, I need to know what type of computer you are using, a Windows XP, Vista, Windows 7, Windows 8, Windows 10 or a Mac.

If its a Mac, please check the OSX version as follows, Click the apple sign at the top left of your screen, then click about this mac. And then where it says version, send that to me as a reply.

It may be a bit simpler and easier if you and I connect through a secure remote assistance. With that, I will be able to connect to your computer from here and work on repairing the issue personally. This can save a lot of time and if your not very fluent with computer repairs this is the best option.

Our secure remote assistance is guaranteed meaning if I cant solve the issue then you will be entitled to a full refund of all fees. Would you like to try a remote assistance session or would you prefer to continue via written support alone?

Thank you for your response,

Dustin S

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
i want to connect my printer to my phone. I'm gonna use it outside my home
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
can you just help me here?
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Mr Dustin, may i get an answer today? I'm busy... If i cant i want my money back

I can help you. What you need to do is connect your printer to the same wireless network your phone is connected to.

You will then need to follow the steps on this page to use the printers control panel to connect it to the wifi network

https://files.support.epson.com/docid/cpd5/cpd50588.pdf#%5B%7B%22num%22%3A78%2C%22gen%22%3A0%7D%2C%7B%22name%22%3A%22XYZ%22%7D%2C0%2C243.9%2C0%5D

Then, your phone will be able to print to the printer.

I strive to provide great service, and greatly appreciate a 5 star rating clicked and submitted when you are satisfied.. I always answer follow up questions.

Dustin S.

Senior Technician and Network Switching Systems Operator / Maintainer.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
if i connect my printer to my home's network, it's going to work outside home? I did that with another printer and that didn't work

everytime you go to a new place, you will have to reconnect the printer to the new network the phone is on.

I am assuming you are physically bringing the printer with you, is that correct?

Ok, then just save the link I sent you. and when you connect to a new network or go to a new place, follow those steps again.

That will make sure you can always connect to the printer. If you have further questions let me know

Dustin S.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Look, Ill be on the road when I need the printer... So i don't think i can connect to a network. I bought the printer with that purpose.

Your phone should be able to make a wireless network. Th printer can connect to that.

Whats the name brand and model of your phone?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
my phone is a Samsung galaxy s8. So, should i connect the printer to my phone's hotspot?

yes.. That will do the trick.

Dustin, Printer Repair Specialist
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
can you stay online until i can connect it? just to be sure
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
okay i connected it. Thank you so much
Dustin, Printer Repair Specialist