Printers

Printer repair questions? Ask IT technicians for answers ASAP

I have a HP Pavilion it seems it is stuck on the windows 10…

Customer Question
I have a HP...

I have a HP Pavilion it seems it is stuck on the windows 10 just before you log in

Technician's Assistant: What have you tried so far with your Pavilion? Have you installed any updates recently?

It has automatic updates I have turned it on and off still the same

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Computer Expert to know before I connect you?

The date and time is correct

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Printers
3/12/2018
Technician: Dustin, Printer Repair Specialist replied 6 months ago
Dustin, Printer Repair Specialist
Experience: A deep understanding and technical prowess in the finer points of printing and printer repair. Also worked in The US Army as A Network Switching Systems Operator/Controller

Welcome to Justanswer.com, my name is Dustin.
I'm sorry to hear about the issue you are having, I will do my best to help you resolve it.

Lets try a power cycle forced recovery approach..

First, shut the computer down.. Then press and hold the power button for 30 seconds, then release the power button and let it start normally. If it wont start normally after about a minute.. Then proceed with the steps below.

With the computer running, hold power to force it to power off.

Then, start the computer, and then immediately hold power to force it to power off.

( so we have forced it to power off three times total , keep count )

Now, start the computer and let it try to boot. It should go to a blue recovery screen. If it does not, hold power to force a shut off then start it again and see if it goes to the blue screen.

This should bring you to the blue screen menu.. Choose troubleshooting, advanced, and then choose system restore.

Once system restore loads, choose a restore point that was one day before this problem started and then carry out the system restore.

That should fix the issue, but if you get stuck or this doesnt work then please send a detailed reply and I will assist you further as needed.

I strive to provide great service, and greatly appreciate a 5 star rating clicked and submitted when you are satisfied.. I always answer follow up questions.

Dustin S.

Senior Technician and Network Switching Systems Operator / Maintainer.