Printers

Printer repair questions? Ask IT technicians for answers ASAP

When printing in black the text is blurred about every

Customer Question
When printing in black...

When printing in black the text is blurred about every second or third line. The words appear double and fainter, the other line will be quite normal. I'm using compatable ink ( not original ) for canon MG6660. The place where I buy the ink thought my cartridge could be out of date so I have purchased and installed a new one to-day and it is still doing the same thing. I'm not very familiar with the printer and all the settings maybe someone could help me. I have followed the instructions for cleaning, clogging and aligning but it hasn't corrected the problem. I'm 82 years old so can't type very fast either, so have patience with me please. If I print in colour I have no problem.

Technician's Assistant: Is this the first time you've had to change the ink for your MG6660?

I changed it before with a cartridge that I bought in 2016, this is the new one and its doing the same thing.

Technician's Assistant: Are you getting any error messages? Are you able to open the lid that covers the cartridges on your printer?

I'm able to open the lid and I did get a message during the maintenance check but didn't understand what to do

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Printer Expert to know before I connect you?

NO thank you

Submitted: 5 months ago.Category: Printers
3/12/2018
Technician: Harry, Engineer replied 5 months ago
Harry, Engineer

Hello:

Welcome to JustAnswer! My name is ***** ***** I am happy to be assisting you today. My sincerest apologies that it look so long for someone to reply. I've just logged in and saw your question waiting and I'm happy to assist you. Before we begin, can you please let me know if you still need help with your question? Just use the reply box to let me know.