Printers

Printer repair questions? Ask IT technicians for answers ASAP

Yesterday my HP printer starting to chirp. It lasts for 30…

Customer Question
Yesterday my HP printer...

Yesterday my HP printer starting to chirp. It lasts for 30 minutes It has happened this morning and again now. How do I stop it?

Technician's Assistant: What HP model do you have?

Office

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on with your HP printer?

Since yesterday.

Technician's Assistant: When did you last update the Operating System (OS) on the computer or device you're printing from?

I have no idea.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Printer Expert to know before I connect you?

Help it is very annoying

Submitted: 5 months ago.Category: Printers
Answered in 1 hour by:
3/12/2018
Technician: Robert M., Consultant replied 5 months ago
Robert M., Consultant

Hi, I'm Robert and I'll be helping you with your printer question. All I ask is that you please give me a 5 star rating when satisfied. thank you :)

it chirps ?

is it possible that it is receiving a fax ( i mean from a wrong number maybe) that might make a chirping kind of noise

can you look at the printer next time it does it?

if its getting a fax or ringing for one it will say something on the lcd screen. you might have to hit start to receive the fax

then you can if nothing else call the faxer and tell them they have a wrong number

I tried your remedy and it did nothing. Now it does this at 6 AM for about an hour. Again at 6 Pm for about and hour. I am thinking of buying a new one an it will not be a HP. I am not paying $30.00 for a fix .It might be unber Warranty. I an not find my papers.
I tried your remedy and it did nothing. Now it does this at 6 AM for about an hour. Again at 6 Pm for about and hour. I am thinking of buying a new one an it will not be a HP. I am not paying $30.00 for a fix .It might be under Warranty. I can not find my papers.

i know this sounds silly but it happened to a friend of mine

he was sure his computer was making a funny noise every day at the same time

when he moved it after a week he found an alarm clock had fallen behind it.

if it is definitely coming from the printer, please tell me what it says on the printer display while it is happening.

No one helped from HP. It stopped by its own.

Is there anything further I can do for you?

I think your customer service is lacking. You answer my questions the next day and you have to wait for 30 minutes to talk to on the phone. They gave me a special # and when I used it I was told they were too busy to answer my call and to call again later. The problem is gone so don;t contact me again.
Technician: Harry, Engineer replied 5 months ago
Harry, Engineer

Hello:

Welcome to JustAnswer! My name is ***** ***** I am happy to be assisting you today. My sincerest apologies that it look so long for someone to reply. I've just logged in and saw your question waiting and I'm happy to assist you. Before we begin, can you please let me know if you still need help with your question? Just use the reply box to let me know.

No I do not need help! Stop emailing me.