Printers

Printer repair questions? Ask IT technicians for answers ASAP

Doesn't ptint in black. Canon pixma mg2900series. Started…

Doesn't ptint in black ...

Doesn't ptint in black

Technician's Assistant: What's the brand and model of your printer?

Canon pixma mg2900series

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on with your Pixma?

Started today in middle of printing. put in a new black cartridge 245 black 245

Technician's Assistant: When did you last update the Operating System (OS) on the computer or device you're printing from?

Don't remember doing it. been working well for 6 months

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Printer Expert to know before I connect you?

Just want printer to print. forgot to tell you it works off the computer

3/12/2018
Harry, Engineer

Hello:

Welcome to JustAnswer! My name is ***** ***** I am happy to be assisting you today. My sincerest apologies that it look so long for someone to reply. I've just logged in and saw your question waiting and I'm happy to assist you. Before we begin, can you please let me know if you still need help with your question? Just use the reply box to let me know.

Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Video Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
what else do you need?
what other info do you need?

With the printer powered on, remove the power cord from the back.

Wait 2 minutes

Plug back in the power cord and power it on

Do you still have the error?

Harry, Engineer
Robert M., Consultant

this is Rob

what you have is a clogged print head or defective cartridge

please call me at the number in the secure section

there is a cleaning routine that might work

i might be able to do it by remote to your computer or i can run you through how to do it over the phone. It is on the printer menu as well. usually under maintenance or tools or setup or ink