Printers

Printer repair questions? Ask IT technicians for answers ASAP

I got a new printer and I can't connect it. Have been trying…

Customer Question
I got a new...

I got a new printer and I can't connect it. Have been trying for two days and even had a friend try and coulnd't do it. Deperate.

Technician's Assistant: How are you connecting to your printer: wirelessly or by USB?

USB

Technician's Assistant: When did you last update the printer driver software?

My friend tried to do that. She said she did. Soirry I'm such a nerd

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Printer Expert to know before I connect you?

The printer is a Canon and my friend downloaded the software from Canon website and it still doesn't work.

Submitted: 5 months ago.Category: Printers
Answered in 1 minute by:
3/11/2018
Technician: technicalcat, Consultant replied 5 months ago
technicalcat
technicalcat, Consultant

Hello and thank you for using JustAnswer. This is an independent, pay-per-question, fee-based technical support site.

My name is ***** ***** I will help you now.

If you unplug the USB cord, and plug it back in, and then go to your printers control panel window, do you see an icon for your printer there? If so, click on it, and tell me the status.

NOTE: To reply to me, please type your message in the box below and click the button to send.