Printers

Printer repair questions? Ask IT technicians for answers ASAP

I have a HP5520 printer that said I was out of black ink. I…

Customer Question
I have a HP5520...

I have a HP5520 printer that said I was out of black ink. I bought a new cartridge and now the black won't print. I heard you discontinued this printr.

Technician's Assistant: What kind of computer or device are you printing from?

HP 5520 hp desktop

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on with your HP5520?

This week

Technician's Assistant: When did you last update the Operating System (OS) on your model

Haven't done that. This system is 5 1/2 years old

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Printer Expert to know before I connect you?

I bought 2 black cartridges and neither helps the problem

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Printers
Answered in 1 minute by:
3/11/2018
Technician: technicalcat, Consultant replied 4 months ago
technicalcat
technicalcat, Consultant

Hello and thank you for using this service. My name is ***** ***** I will help you now.

What happens when you try to print? Do you get an error message, or does it just print without black?

NOTE: To reply to me, please type your message in the box below and click the button to send.

It was faintly printing but unreadable
I heard this model was discontinued and HP would give me a 50% discount on a new printer. Can you do that?
I am annoyed because I just spent $63 on ink cartridges.
Nicholas, are you there?
I'm waiting for you to respond.

Yes, I'm still here. Real tech (not robot) so replies will not be instant :) Patience appreciated.

We are not HP. We are Justanswer, a fee based technical support company providing high quality support for all makes/models of printers. If you would like to continue, please tell me if you have purchased the exact ink shown in the link below. Will be 564 catridges.

https://www.staples.com/PhotoSmart-5520-e-All-in-One/cat_CL167336

it was 564 cartridges.
Please cancel the $5 refundable fee. I want to talk with HP.
Please respond to my request to cancel $5 fee.