Printers

Printer repair questions? Ask IT technicians for answers ASAP

TurboTax will not load. A quick right side message comes up…

TurboTax will not load...

TurboTax will not load. A quick right side message comes up "select what happens to this cd". I check install. window comes up check "run set up exe. another window "do you want to allow app to make changes "yes" .. another window "detected window update in progress. then nothing.

Technician's Assistant: Who makes your speaker or sound system?

HP

Technician's Assistant: What have you tried so far with your sound system?

My sound system is not the problem.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Theater Expert to know before I connect you?

Do I have the wrong place. Turbo tax cd will not load

3/11/2018
Ricky Expert
Ricky Expert, Computer Hardware Engineer

Hi, my name is ***** ***** I will do my best to help you today. To make sure I don’t miss anything, please give me a minute to review your question.

Which version of Windows do you have?

I think 10

Thank you. In the search box on your task bar, please type "update" then click on "Check for updates" when it comes up.

Once you are there, what do you see under "Update status"?

if secure connect is the only way to fix it, okay but I am not comfortable with that. do you mean the one that says http etc.

No, do you know how to get to the Windows Update? It should not say http

I did that and clicked update

Okay, is it installing updates now?

no it is still 0%

Okay, please wait for it to install. When it finishes, restart the computer. Once the computer is restarted you should be able to install Turbo Tax without issue.

How long does it take . It is still 0%

If there are many updates it can take a long time. If in 15 minutes it is still stuck at 0%, please restart the computer and attempt to install Turbo Tax.

Thank you.

You're welcome. If you have any follow-up questions, don’t hesitate to ask. If finished, please take a moment to rate my service using the stars at the top of this page. Thank you, ***** ***** a great day!

I see you gave me a negative rating. Were you unable to install Turbo Tax?

NO. My computer will not update. I have contacted your company twice in the last two days them with no response until the middle of the night last night.
Syseng
Syseng, Engineer

My name is David.

Remove the TurboTax CD and reboot the computer.

After reboot, click the Windows Start button then the Search box and type

services.msc

and press Enter.

Scroll down to the Windows Update service, right click on it and click Stop.

Once the service has stopped, insert the TurboTax CD and start the installation.

Please let me know the result.

I did that. error 1053 came up after "Windows could not stop windows update on local computer"

Ok then next click the Windows Start button then the Search box and type

msconfig

in the Search box and press Enter.

In the utility that appears click the Boot tab and select Safe Mode and select Network then click Apply then OK.

Reboot the computer and login in Safe Mode. Then start the Services utility again and configure the Windows Update service as Disabled and click Apply and OK to save the setting. Then start msconfig again and click the Boot tab and click Normal for startup type and click Apply then OK and reboot.

Then the Windows Update service should not be running and you should be able to install TurboTax. Once installed, go back into Services utility and change the Windows Update service startup type to Automatic and click Apply and OK to save the setting.

Please let me know the result.

I got as far as install Turbo Tax. It said it was 100% installed but was frozen on that screen. I can't seem to open it.

TurboTax does take awhile to install and also to start once installed.

That said, if it is still at the same screen, and if it says it has completed installation, reboot the computer and remove the TurboTax disc, then after boot-up, start TurboTax and see if it runs correctly (it should start immediately looking for updates and then start the program).

I walked away and it did change so I will continue to do the other steps. I believe my computer is messed up though.

To address the computer performance issues and errors, first I recommend running two commands that fix file system and Windows corruption. Click the Windows Start button then the Search box and type

cmd

in the Search box and then right click on the command prompt icon that appears in the search list and click Run as Administrator.

Then on the command prompt type:

chkdsk c: /f

and press Enter. When prompted to run the scan on reboot press Y then Enter then reboot.

After the scan and reboot open the command prompt again using Run as Administrator and type

sfc /scannow

on the command prompt and press Enter and let it scan and fix file corruption. Then reboot and test to see if the computer performance has improved.

I can't find Windows startup in services.

The Windows Start button is locate in the lower left corner of the computer desktop and the Search box is to the right of the Windows Start button.

Please let me know if you have run the two commands I outline above.

everything seems to be working. It only took three days but I am in business. Can you cancel the $39 charge since I did not get that support? Thank you.

Ok, very good and glad it is now working.

The remote assistance request will time out - the charge is a deposit in your Just Answer account - just contact Just Answer customer service regarding the deposit.

Also, please provide a positive rating (3, 4, or 5 star) as that is how I receive credit for my work.
Thanks,
David.

Syseng
Syseng, Engineer