Printers

Printer repair questions? Ask IT technicians for answers ASAP

I have a brothers 7860DW printer and the replace toner

Customer Question
I have a brothers...

I have a brothers 7860DW printer and the replace toner cartridge won't come out I think I put it slightly crooked\

Technician's Assistant: Is this the first time you've had to change the ink for your 7860DW?

No ive done it before. I just took one out today and put this one in but its an old one which I didn't realize and now I cant get it out

Technician's Assistant: Are you getting any error messages? Are you able to open the lid that covers the cartridges on your printer?

No error essages except that I need to change the toner cartridge and yes I can open the printer lid

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Printer Expert to know before I connect you?

Ive tried to pull it out but its stuck

Submitted: 1 month ago.Category: Printers
Answered in 1 minute by:
3/11/2018
Technician: technicalcat, Consultant replied 1 month ago
technicalcat
technicalcat, Consultant

Hello and thank you for using this service. My name is ***** ***** I will help you now.

Please try moving slightly up and down and side to side, and make sure to have the release latch depressed while you are pulling on it. You may have to use some force, but be careful. Let me know results.

NOTE: To reply to me, please type your message in the box below and click the button to send.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I don't know where the release button is I've tried to move it but no luck
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I don't see how you could remote to my device and fix it.. its inside my printer?

Your toner release is in the center, like most Brothers. I have one like this at home. Here is a video where you can see the release being squeezed. It pulls in/out like a tray, and the release paddle is in the center of the cartridge.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UaD1Vy8toP0

Please let me know if this answers your question and you are satisfied, or if you need further assistance or information from me. Thank You.

One correction. You have a tray to remove (with the center release), and then you have a green lever on the side to get the toner our of the carriage it is in. You'll do that once you get the carriage/cassette out of the printer as shown in video.

Let me know if you get it out. thanks.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
no go still can't see any release mechanism on my printer I've used a flashlight etc
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I dont' think you can help me please cancel my $5
John, Computer Science Engineer