Printers

Printer repair questions? Ask IT technicians for answers ASAP

It indicates that there is no paper but there is paper. HP…

Customer Question
It indicates that there...

It indicates that there is no paper but there is paper.

Technician's Assistant: What's the brand and model of your printer?

HP Photosmart 7520

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on with your HP printer?

Just started the other night. We were actually printing something and it stopped in the middle of the print job.

Technician's Assistant: When did you last update the Operating System (OS) on the computer or device you're printing from?

A year or two ago

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Printers
3/11/2018
Technician: Suhasini Velu,
 replied 3 months ago
Suhasini Velu
Hello. My name is***** to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now, and will post back with your reply momentarily. Before we proceed with any troubleshooting, please once unplug your printer from the wall outlet wait for 2 minutes and plug it back in. Let me know when this is done.
this is done
Technician: Suhasini Velu,
 replied 3 months ago

And I would like to know how is the printer connected to your computer?
Is it through USB or through Wi-Fi?

USB
Technician: Suhasini Velu,
 replied 3 months ago

How about the computer you have is that Windows?

Technician: Suhasini Velu,
 replied 3 months ago

https://support.hp.com/us-en/drivers/selfservice/hp-photosmart-7520-e-all-in-one-printer-series/5199461/model/5199462

Please go to the above link and download the HP Photosmart 7520 e-All-in-One Printer Full Feature Software and Drivers

It is already installed.
we've had this printer for about 5 years. and we were just printing when it stopped in the middle of the print job
Technician: Suhasini Velu,
 replied 3 months ago

This might be a firmware issue, so if you reinstall it the drivers as well as the firmware will be updated during the process.

how do i tell if my computer is 32 bit or 64 bit?
Technician: Suhasini Velu,
 replied 3 months ago

That would be automatically detected by the website just press F5 key on your keyboard top refresh the screen.

installed and still receiving message that it is out of paper
Technician: Suhasini Velu,
 replied 3 months ago

Follow these steps to perform a power reset.

1. Press the Power button () to turn on the product.

2. With the product turned on, disconnect the power cord from the rear of the product.

3. Unplug the power cord from the wall outlet.

4. Wait at least 15 seconds.

5. Plug the power cord back into the wall outlet.

6. Reconnect the power cord to the rear of the product.

7. If the product does not turn on by itself, press the Power button () to turn it on.

Technician: Suhasini Velu,
 replied 3 months ago

Follow these steps to print a test page.

1. Load plain white U.S. letter or A4 size paper in the tray, if it is not already loaded.

2. On the product control panel, touch the Settings icon (), and then touch Tools.

3. Touch Printer Status Report. The product prints the test page.

same message "out of paper"
could it be the paper feeder?
Technician: Suhasini Velu,
 replied 3 months ago
  1. Gather the following materials:

• A clean, lint-free cloth, or any cloth that does not come apart or leave fibers

• Distilled, filtered, or bottled water (tap water might damage the printer)

2. Disconnect the USB cable from the rear of the printer if your printer is connected with a USB cable.

3. Press the Power button () to turn off the printer.

4. Disconnect the power cord from the rear of the printer.

5. Remove the two-sided printing accessory (duplexer) from the rear of the printer. Push the right side of the duplexer to the left, and then pull out the duplexer to remove it. Set the duplexer aside.

6. Lightly dampen a clean, lint-free cloth with bottled or distilled water, and then squeeze any excess liquid from the cloth.

7. Press the cloth against the rollers, and then rotate the rollers upward with your fingers. Apply a moderate amount of pressure to remove any dust or dirt buildup.

8. Allow the rollers to dry for 10 or 15 minutes.

9. Check the rollers on the duplexer. Make sure that the rollers are not missing, that they turn easily, and that they are springy when you press them. If the rollers are damaged, replace the duplexer.

10. Reattach the duplexer to the rear of the printer. Insert the two pegs on the left side of the duplexer into the left side of the printer, and then gently push the duplexer into place. Make sure that the duplexer is firmly attached.

11. Reconnect the power cord to the rear of the printer.

12. If the printer does not turn on automatically, press the Power button () to turn it on.

just tested the printer status and received the same message out of paper
Technician: Suhasini Velu,
 replied 3 months ago
  1. Reload the paper you were using when the issue occurred.

2. Return to the document you were trying to print when the issue occurred.

3. Click File or click the Microsoft Office Button (), and then click Print. The Print dialog box opens.

4. Select your printer, and then click Properties or Preferences. The Properties or Preferences dialog box opens.

5. Click the Paper/Quality tab.

6. From the Paper Size drop-down, make sure that the selected option matches your paper size. For example, if you have legal paper loaded in your printer, select Legal.

7. From the Media drop-down, select the paper type that matches the paper you have loaded in the printer.

8. Click OK to apply the settings.

9. Click OK from the Print dialog box to start the print job.

same message
Technician: Suhasini Velu,
 replied 3 months ago

In that case this could be an internal issue with the printer.

https://support.hp.com/us-en/contact-hp

Kindly contact HP support through the above link.

Technician: Suhasini Velu,
 replied 3 months ago

If you do not wish to utilize our services, you can Customer Support via email at***@******.*** or you can view options for contacting them by chat or phone at ww2.justanswer.com/help to request a refund.

thank you!
Technician: Suhasini Velu,
 replied 3 months ago

Is there anything else I can help you with?