Printers

Printer repair questions? Ask IT technicians for answers ASAP

Ever since i change my comcast modem I can't print. I added…

Customer Question
Ever since i change...

Ever since i change my comcast modem I can't print. I added and readded the printer. When I go to print it sends it to que error

Technician's Assistant: What's the brand and model of your printer?

Canon imageclass 4800 series

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on with your Canon printer?

Just since i changed out modem.trying to hook wireless

Technician's Assistant: When did you last update the Operating System (OS) on the computer or device you're printing from?

Probably over a month ago it crash and I had to reload

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Printer Expert to know before I connect you?

Is this gonna cost money

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Printers
3/11/2018
Technician: Jason Jones, Technician replied 4 months ago
Jason Jones, Technician

Welcome to JustAnswer.com. My name is***** give me a minute or two to look over your case. If there are any more details that you wish to give me regarding your case, type them in the box below and click the 'reply to expert' button.

If you would like remote support please select the Secure Remote Assistance option. If you do not want remote support please ignore the prompt. The remote service is guaranteed to to help and fix your problem.

Thank you,
Jason

As it stands, are you able to connect the printer to the new wireless signal or do you need help with that first?

no i can connect it says printer working but wont print. when i try it goes into default error
no can you walk me through anything

I asked if you were able to connect the printer to the wireless signal. Your response was, "no i can connect it says printer working but wont print.". That means that you did connect the printer to the new wireless signal? Does the printer indicate that it is connected wireless?

I can connect to printer. When I send test page it status default,error

Okay, so you didn't connect the printer to the wireless signal? You are connecting from the computer to the printer directly wireless?

No I am connected wireless

Okay, so which type of wireless connection is being used? Is the printer connected to the wireless network or is the computer connected wireless to the printer?

Computer and printer connected wireless

When you connect to the printer, does the computer indicate that it was successful or did it have problems?

says sucess.device working properly. just when i send something to print it goes in que and says default error. I run troubleshoot and deletes what is in que and says fixed but it is not

Thank you for responding. May I connect with you remotely to troubleshoot the issue directly? When the remote session begins, we will be able to communicate back and forth via a chat window that will appear on your computer screen.

no just forget it

What would you like me to forget? Are you asking for me to send in a refund request for you?