Printers

Printer repair questions? Ask IT technicians for answers ASAP

Had downloaded new update last night. Message coming up

Customer Question
Had downloaded new update...

Had downloaded new update last night.

Technician's Assistant: What's the brand and model of your printer?

Message coming up "scanner error". Have turned off and on twice. Still appearing.

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on with your printer?

Message appearing "scanner error". Updated WF 4720 last night as per message on screen. Have turned on and off twice. Still appearing. Thanks.

Technician's Assistant: When did you last update the Operating System (OS) on the computer or device you're printing from?

Yesterday

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Printer Expert to know before I connect you?

.Only that I need to use the scanner and the copier today.

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Printers
WF--4740
Epson
Just now.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Secure Remote Assistance.
Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
3/11/2018
Technician: Suhasini Velu,
 replied 4 months ago
Suhasini Velu
Hello. My name is***** to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now, and will post back with your reply momentarily. Before we proceed with any troubleshooting, please once unplug your printer from the wall outlet wait for 2 minutes and plug it back in. Let me know when this is done.
Done
Technician: Suhasini Velu,
 replied 4 months ago

How about the computer you have is that Windows?

Apple Mac
Don't know whether Windows was downloaded.
Technician: Suhasini Velu,
 replied 4 months ago

Okay, let us try updating drivers for your printer.

Don’t know password ***** if one was ever even created. Need PW to make changes.
Technician: Suhasini Velu,
 replied 4 months ago

Type your password ***** you would use to login into your computer.

When I get to Nerwork Installation instructs to click “start network setup” but that is not highlighted and you cannot click on it.
Technician: Suhasini Velu,
 replied 4 months ago

What are the other options on the screen.

None
Technician: Suhasini Velu,
 replied 4 months ago

Try to restart your computer and start the installation process again.

Technician: Suhasini Velu,
 replied 4 months ago

Am unable to take remote on Mac computer currently let me open it for other experts who can do that for you.

Technician: Dustin, Printer Repair Specialist replied 4 months ago
Dustin, Printer Repair Specialist
Experience: A deep understanding and technical prowess in the finer points of printing and printer repair. Also worked in The US Army as A Network Switching Systems Operator/Controller

Welcome to Justanswer.com, my name is ***** ***** I will do my best to assist you.

If time is of the essence, the fastest way in which I can help you is via a secure remote connection. That will provide a temporary connection where I can fix this problem on screen, in person.

I'm sending the offer for that service now, once accepted we will start the connection process. If you reject the offer, we will continue via written word alone.