Printers

Printer repair questions? Ask IT technicians for answers ASAP

I keep getting horizontal black lines on all sheets I send…

Customer Question
I keep getting horizontal...

I keep getting horizontal black lines on all sheets I send to my C4280 printer. I have unplug all devices, changed ink cartridges, and scanned the alignment page several times but it still prints out heave black lines across the sheets

Technician's Assistant: Are you getting any error messages? If so, what do they say?

I got one that said no USB connection and I checked both the printer and computer and they were good

Technician's Assistant: The last time you changed your cartridges, did you replace them with new ones or refill the old ones?

Changed with new ones

Submitted: 1 month ago.Category: Printers
Answered in 1 hour by:
3/11/2018
Technician: Harry, Engineer replied 1 month ago
Harry, Engineer

Hello:

Welcome to JustAnswer! My name is ***** ***** I am happy to be assisting you today. My sincerest apologies that it look so long for someone to reply. I've just logged in and saw your question waiting and I'm happy to assist you. Before we begin, can you please let me know if you still need help with your question? Just use the reply box to let me know.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I still need help

How old is the printer?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I guess about 7 to 8 years old

Unfortunately, the error that you are experiencing is an internal failure which would require repair/replacement. The bad news is that your printer is outside of warranty and it would cost more to repair the printer than to buy a new one. You can purchase a new one for around $50-$60 at a local electronics store such as Best Buy.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I had to wait that long for you to say that ? I am not very satisfied, any you must know why.

I have replied back to your responses within 1 minute each time -- Unfortunately, my shift did not start earlier so I could not reply when you originally posted the question.

John, Computer Science Engineer