Printers

Printer repair questions? Ask IT technicians for answers ASAP

I have the hp officejet 4632. I am getting error code

Customer Question
I have the hp...

I have the hp officejet 4632. I am getting error code 0X83COOOOA. What is this code and how do I repair it?

Technician's Assistant: Is your OfficeJet displaying the error on all print jobs, even after you restart it?

When i turn on the unit, the error code is displayed and i can't go any further

Technician's Assistant: When did you last update the printer driver software?

I don't know how to update the printer driver

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Printers
3/11/2018
Technician: Eric Ewing, IT Pro replied 4 months ago
Eric Ewing
Eric Ewing, IT Pro
Experience: I am a technology professional with 20 years experience, and hold 15 industry certifications (from hardware/software repair to mobility to IT Security, and everything in-between!).

Hi! I'm Eric, a computer expert who's been paired with you through JustAnswer.com. I'm reviewing your question now, and will return w/ an answer soon!

will you have an answer soon

Good morning! Error 0X83COOOOA indicates a problem with the ink system, and usually requires service by HP. Here are two things to check before going that route:

1. Make sure your printer is plugged directly into the wall, and not into surge protector. HP printers have built-in surge protection, so adding in your own surge protector may reduce the power level below what your printer needs to properly function.
  2. Unplug your printer, and then plug in the printer while you're pressing down the power button and wireless button together. Hold these down until the screen on your printer turns dark, and release the buttons. Your printer may start up properly at this point.

If neither of the above fixes your printer, it will require service. In that case, please call HP at 1-***-***-**** to create a service ticket.

I hope that helps!

Hi again! I am just checking back in to make sure I fully answered your question? Please let me know...

Thank you!

Hello! Just quickly checking back in to make sure your issue is now resolved? When you have the chance, would you kindly let me know? Thanks so much for using JustAnswer.com!