Printers

Printer repair questions? Ask IT technicians for answers ASAP

My i mac has stopped recognizing the wireless signal from my…

Customer Question
My i mac has...

My i mac has stopped recognizing the wireless signal from my 8710 printer Have run thru all the suggestion from Apple Can you help?

Technician's Assistant: How are you connecting to your printer: wirelessly or by USB?

Wirelessly-worked ok until yesterday

Technician's Assistant: When did you last update the printer driver software?

Don't recall-but got a message re this yesterday and updates would not install

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Printers
3/11/2018
Technician: Shefin, Printer and Office Equip. Specialist replied 4 months ago
Shefin, Printer and Office Equip. Specialist

Hello!

Thank you for your question. I amCustomerand I look forward to helping you with your issue today.

Please go to the link below, follow the instructions listed under Step 2: Connect to the wireless network, and setup wireless on your printer again.

https://support.hp.com/us-en/product/hp-officejet-pro-8710-all-in-one-printer-series/7902014/document/c04951634

After setting up wireless, follow the instructions below.

1. Choose System Preferences from the Apple menu.
  2. Choose Print & Fax (or Print & Scan) or Printers & Scanners.
  3. Hold down the Control key as you click in the list at the left, then choose “Reset printing system” from the menu that appears.
  4. Then, click the + (plus sign that you see on the Printers & Scanners window, and not on the keyboard) sign to add printer. Select your printer from the list.
    Note : Make sure that you are resetting the printing system before adding the printer.

If the issue persists, or you have any questions, please be back and let me know.

If you appreciate my service, please rate it EXCELLENT by clicking the EXCELLENT (5 Stars) and Submit.

My goal is to provide you with excellent service – if you feel you have gotten anything less, please reply back, I am happy to address follow-up questions. Thank you for your business!

Thank you!

Customer/p>
After I go to reset printing system no list appears and the box that appears will not let me add anything

There is no printers listed means, the printer not connected properly to the wireless network.

Then, try adding the printer again.

Thank you.

Customer/p>