Printers

Printer repair questions? Ask IT technicians for answers ASAP

I had to install the printer software again after the hard…

Customer Question
I had to install...

I had to install the printer software again after the hard drive on my laptop was replaced. Suddenly I cannot detect the MG3500 printer on my home network. I need to use wireless connection because the printer is next to the desktop computer in another room. Can you suggest a solution? I have tried all the option in the setup process.

Technician's Assistant: How are you connecting to your MG3500: wirelessly or by USB?

Wirelessly

Technician's Assistant: When did you last update the printer driver software?

Hm, I just reinstalled the software from the CD that came with it. This is a few years ago. How do I do that?

Technician's Assistant: The Printer Technician will be able to walk you through that. Anything else you want the Printer Expert to know before I connect you?

No. That's my only issue.

Submitted: 1 month ago.Category: Printers
3/11/2018
Technician: technicalcat, Consultant replied 1 month ago
technicalcat
technicalcat, Consultant

Hello and thank you for using this service. My name is ***** ***** I will help you now.

Have you already connected the printer to your wireless network? This is usually accomplished by using the buttons and small screen on the printer itself (not your computer)

NOTE: To reply to me, please type your message in the box below and click the button to send.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
It is not currently on the network. Also, this printer model does not have a small screen. On the desktop computer I had to use a USB cable because the installation also failed to connect to the network.
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Hi Nicholas, sorry, I cannot pay the fee to connect you directly. It is close to the cost of a basic new printer these days. I trust you understand the logic.
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Hello, are you still there?

The less featured models without screens require the use of the driver software to configure. I can link you to the driver software, which you may already have , but a remote connection would be best. Just let me know how you'd like to proceed. Thanks.

I do hear you on the cost of support for a printer. However, you may want to consider that a new printer will also need to be connected to your wireless network, and configured. Often, purchasing a new printer doesn't change the need for support to get things working properly.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I understand what you are saying, but I would like to try your first solution first and ask you to direct me to where I can get the latest drivers. I don't think I have those. Then, if it still fails I may try your second option but I could not do that right now for other reasons. I would have to connect again tomorrow or Monday.

CLICK HERE FOR DRIVERS AND DOWNLOADS

Please let me know if this answers your question and you are satisfied, or if you need further assistance or information from me. Thank You.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Your link is still trying to connect. Connection speed seems to be rather slow right now. Well, you answered my question but unfortunately you are unable to solve the problem without taking this inquiry to the next level.

I'm not sure what you are saying. If you haven't yet downloaded the drivers, you'll need to get those installed first and then connect the printer. The premium service is a guaranteed service where I would actually fix it for you.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I understand but as I said this is not a good time for me as I have to go offline shortly. Just one question for you, do I install the optional drivers - MG3500 series XPS Printer Driver Ver. 5.70 (Windows) or the ones that come with the driver and software package?

All you should need is the Full Driver/Software package, and your printer connected via USB to program wireless.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Ok. You have answered my question.

Great. Let me know if you are able to get it working, or if you need further assistance.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Will do but have to sign off now.

ok

John, Computer Science Engineer