Printers

Printer repair questions? Ask IT technicians for answers ASAP

I have had an officejet HP 4632 printer for years and all of…

Customer Question
I have had an...

I have had an officejet HP 4632 printer for years and all of the sudden it says LRC offline. tried everything in the world. also say

Technician's Assistant: How are you connecting to your 4632: wirelessly or by USB?

Wirelessly

Technician's Assistant: When did you last update the printer driver software?

Thought I did about an hour ago. although I don't think it needed it. when I went to update it, it had a different printer listed as the one I had

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Printer Expert to know before I connect you?

Don't guess so...THANKS

Submitted: 5 months ago.Category: Printers
3/10/2018
Technician: Cody, Senior Systems Administrator replied 5 months ago
Cody
Cody, Senior Systems Administrator

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I will be assisting you today.

Can I remotely connect to your computer, so I can troubleshoot this issue with you?

no you are not getting another 39$ for doing what you are supposed to be doing for 5$ today. The deal was 5 bucks for a trial, then I would be charged more after the trial period. there are plenty of other businesses out there, including HP themselves. Either help or don't. If you're not please wasting my time
are you going to reply or not ???

ok I'll send in refund request

I'll check back in the AM
Technician: Syseng, Engineer replied 5 months ago
Syseng
Syseng, Engineer

My name is David.

Please try the following to clear the error:

First, power down the router/modem that provides your wireless and Internet access and unplug the power cord as well. Wait 3 minutes. Then plug in the power cord on the router/modem and power up the device. Wait for the router/modem to completely start up. Then do the same with your WiFi router (if you have a separate WiFi router rather than a modem that provides both routing and WiFi).

Next, perform a power reset on the printer as that will drain errors from memory. Unplug the printer power cord and unplug all peripherals. Then leave the printer for about 5 minutes to let all power drain. Then plug the printer power cord into a wall socket (not a surge protector or power strip) and then plug the printer back into all peripherals. Then power up the printer and test to see

if the issue is resolved.

Please let me know the result.