Printers

Printer repair questions? Ask IT technicians for answers ASAP

How do i change black cartridge, cant sign in dont know user…

How do i change...

How do i change black cartridge, cant sign in dont know user name or password

Technician's Assistant: What's the model of your printer?

Wf3520

Technician's Assistant: Are you getting any error messages? Are you able to open the lid that covers the cartridges on your printer?

Can open , but cartridges holder does not move lett me get to individual cart.

3/10/2018
Nathan, Engineer

Hi, I'm Nathan.
Sorry to hear that you're having trouble, but I'll do my best to help you. Please give me a few moments to review your details here.

This is not an automatic process as on some other printers, some menu steps are required prior to physical replacement:

Press the home (house icon) button and select Setup (wrench icon) > Maintenance > Ink Cartridge Replacement.

Lift up the scanner unit (below the glass)

Open the cartridge cover

Squeeze the tab on the cartridge and lift the cartridge straight up to remove it.

Gently shake the new cartridge four or five times, then remove the cartridge from the package, removing the yellow tape.

Insert the new cartridge into the holder and push it down until it clicks into place.

Close the cartridge cover and push it down until it clicks into place.

Select Check on the LCD screen to make sure the cartridge or cartridges are installed correctly.

Close the scanner unit.

Thank you,

Nathan, Engineer