Printers

Printer repair questions? Ask IT technicians for answers ASAP

I have 2 computers wirelessly connected to my Epson WF-4740…

I have 2 computers...

I have 2 computers wirelessly connected to my Epson WF-4740 printer. Cassette 1 has envelopes, cassette 2 has 81/2 x 11 plain paper. One of the computers prints without a problem. The other, however, tells me that the paper size is incorrect. How can I get the 1 computer to send this print job to cassette 2 for plain paper print jobs?

Technician's Assistant: How are you connecting to your WF-4740: wirelessly or by USB?

Wirelessly

Technician's Assistant: When did you last update the printer driver software?

I just added the printer to the computer today. Does that update the software?

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Printer Expert to know before I connect you?

That should be all

Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Secure Remote Assistance.
Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
We're on the wrong computer, though. This one works. Should I jump to the other one?
3/10/2018
Suhasini Velu

Hello. My name is***** to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now, and will post back with your reply momentarily. Before we proceed with any troubleshooting, please once unplug your printer from the wall outlet wait for 2 minutes and plug it back in. Let me know when this is done.

No you can be on this computer which is working.

If I need to troubleshoot this remotely then you can switch to the other computer which isn't working.

Suhasini Velu
I have unplugged the printer.
It should be just another moment, now.

Sure, I believe the other computer is Windows am I right?

I've switched to the computer (laptop) that isn't working so we're all set.
shall I replug the printer?

http://www.justanswer.com/remotedesktop/join.aspx?Session=283f25ae-331c-49ea-a383-952ab888d906

Please click on the above link on your Windows computer and a file named Elsinore.Screenconnect would be downloaded.
Double click on the downloaded file to enable remote access on your computer.Let me know if you have any difficulties in doing this.
If you are not able to see the downloads, press control key and J together at the same time and you will find the downloads folder of your browser.

Yes, you can.