Printers

Printer repair questions? Ask IT technicians for answers ASAP

I bought a used canon pixma printer and downloaded the

I bought a used...

I bought a used canon pixma printer and downloaded the printer driver. It is on and seems to be connected to the Internet. But my iMac does not "see" it.

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on with your Pixma?

I just bought it. I looked at Troubleshooting in the manual but could find nothing about how to connect it. It's been going on for about an hour as I try to find answers.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Mac Expert to know before I connect you?

No, but I would like to know how much you charge for this service. OK

3/10/2018
Shefin, Printer and Office Equip. Specialist

Hello!

Thank you for your question. I am Shefin and I look forward to helping you with your issue today.

How do you connect the printer to the computer? Using USB cable?

Thank you.

No. The owner did not have a cable (and I don't have one). She told me it was wireless and I was hoping to connect wirelessly.
no, I don't want to connect remotely

We have to setup wireless on your printer. Please let me know the exact model number of the printer, so that I can assist you further.

Thank you.

Canon Pixma MG3520

Please watch the video below and follow the instructions.

https://support.usa.canon.com/kb/index?page=content&id=ART163833&actp=search&viewlocale=en_US&searchid=1520713329380

If the issue persists, or you have any questions, please be back and let me know.

If you appreciate my service, please rate it EXCELLENT by clicking the EXCELLENT (5 Stars) and Submit.

My goal is to provide you with excellent service – if you feel you have gotten anything less, please reply back, I am happy to address follow-up questions. Thank you for your business!

Thank you!

Ok. will watch video now.
I watched the video to the point where it didn't work. I tried to download the "setup" software, but it did not download. Tried it several times. There was a warning about my Mac OS (High Sierra) on the setup download page, but even by clicking on the link I could not get more info. I'm not willing to put any more time into this. Thank you anyway.