Printers

Printer repair questions? Ask IT technicians for answers ASAP

I have a 2 year old KXMB2061 all-in-one laser

Customer Question
I have a 2...

I have a 2 year old KXMB2061 all-in-one laser printer/fax/copier/phone, and this is my 4th Panasonic all-in-one, happy customer for 10+ years now. For this printer, I am still on my third toner cartridge and first drum. On all print jobs, there is a line down the left side of each print page, where there is no toner...just a stripe of blank spot. In the past, when I reach this point, I change the drum. New drum, new toner, and the printer is like new again. This time however, with new toner and new drum, I still get the exact stripe. It looks virtually identical to the old toner and old drum. What's happening here? And how can I remedy this?

Technician's Assistant: What's the model of your printer?

KX-MB2061

Technician's Assistant: Are you getting any error messages? Are you able to open the lid that covers the cartridges on your printer?

No error messages. And yes, I have to open it to change the drum and cartridges, and I have cleaned that area with a kleenex.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Printer Expert to know before I connect you?

No. This pretty much summarizes it. Printer prints...no problem....I just get this stripe down the page. New toner, new drum, cleaning....does not solve the problem.

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Printers
3/10/2018
Technician: jeffreybongers, Engineer replied 4 months ago
jeffreybongers
jeffreybongers, Engineer

Hello, my name is***** will be assisting you today. Lets get started!

So to clarify have you tried updating the drivers and firmware of the KXMB2061 printer?

Kind regards,

Jeffrey

No. This has nothing to do with drivers or firmware. It's a blank stripe on the printout. In the past, it has been fixed by replacing drum, but it has not worked this time. It's a mechanical issue.

Understood.

Have you tried a cleaning from the drivers of the printer?

Kind regards,

Jeffrey

No. I don't know how you could do that.

Understood.

From the properties of the driver, there you can start a cleaning.

Is the printer connected through usb or network?

Kind regards,

Jeffrey

USB

Understood.

Please let me know how this goes.

Kind regards,

Jeffrey

From properties, I don't see any way to clean the printer. On that tab, I see General, Settings, Details, and Events. Nothing that would lead to cleaning. Device status says "this device is working properly"

Understood.

When you go to start>>printers>>there the properties of your printer.

Do you see the option there?

Kind regards,

Jeffrey

When I begin from "start" (this is Windows 8), the only way I see to get to the printer is via settings. From there, it allows me to remove device, but not properties from here.

Understood.

Right click on the printer, then properties or printer settings.

Please let me know how this goes.

Kind regards,

Jeffrey

From Start, right click does nothing. When I go through control panel, I can get properties via right click, and I get what I got before, i.e. device is working properly, and nothing that would allow me to clean printer.

Understood.

Please let me remotely connect, free of charge.

Kind regards,

Jeffrey

How do you do that?

Great!

If you are on a windows computer, Click this link

http://download.teamviewer.com/download/TeamViewerQS.exe

A program called Teamviewer will start downloading to your computer (it does not open a webpage, a blank screen will show but the file is downloading to your computer).

Run the TeamviewerQS.exe download and it shows you an ID and Password.

Give me the ID and Password here please so I can connect

Do not close the program but leave it open else I will not be able to connect

Example:

ID###-##-####/p>

password: 1234

Please let me know how this goes.

Kind regards,

Jeffrey

I'm working on it. Bear with me.

Understood.

Please let me know how this goes.

Kind regards,

Jeffrey

OK. ID is 689 180 705
PW is 8274

connecting

Please let me know when you are available again.

It would be greatly appreciated to rate me 5 stars after this conversation. The rating can be done in the top of this screen.

Kind regards,

Jeffrey

Have you gotten any answers from Panasonic yet? I am in Asia until April 1.

Understood.

Please let me know when you are available again on 1 April.

Kind regards,

Jeffrey

When I get back and am next to the printer, I will write.

Understood.

I will be here, thank you for your patience.

Kind regards,

Jeffrey