Printers

Printer repair questions? Ask IT technicians for answers ASAP

I am unable to scan (or copy) a multi-page document because…

Customer Question
I am unable to...

I am unable to scan (or copy) a multi-page document because the automatic document feeder encounters a paper jam every time. I follow the instructions and remove all of the jammed paper, but it still keeps happening. Is there any fix for this?

Technician's Assistant: Is there an error code on your printer when you try to scan?

I'll check

Technician's Assistant: When did you last update the printer driver software?

No code, yesterday

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Printers
3/10/2018
Technician: Domijones Manalo, System Administrator replied 4 months ago
Domijones Manalo
Domijones Manalo, System Administrator

Hi!

Thank you for your question. I am Domijones and I look forward to helping you with your issue today.

On my experience, I believe that you need to have it checked to a printer technician. There are possible issues why your printer keeps on jamming on certain tasks.

-Printer needs maintenance and cleaning

-Printer has mechanical issue

-Printer has a hardware issue and certain parts need replacement

These tasks can only be done by a printer technician and can only be fixed by physical checkup. So I suggest that you bring your printer to the store or any printer shop which can help you on your problem.

Thank you.
Domijones

Is this covered under warranty?

Thank you for your response. Yes, if you printer is under warranty, they will fix it without charge.

Just bring it back to the store from where you bought it and they will do the rest.

Thank you.

Domijones

How can I tell if it is still under warranty?

You can check the website of the manufacturer and check from there using the serial number. The serial number of your printer is somewhere located underneath or side of the printer. Below is a sample web page for checking the warranty of different printer manufacturer.

HP Printer

https://support.hp.com/us-en/checkwarranty

Epson Printer Customer Support

https://epson.com/contact-us

Thank you.

Domijones

Technician: Harry, Engineer replied 4 months ago
Harry, Engineer

Hello:

Welcome to JustAnswer! My name is ***** ***** I am happy to be assisting you today. My sincerest apologies that it look so long for someone to reply. I've just logged in and saw your question waiting and I'm happy to assist you. Before we begin, can you please let me know if you still need help with your question? Just use the reply box to let me know.