Printers

Printer repair questions? Ask IT technicians for answers ASAP

I have paper jammed in it. Need help in getting it unjammed.

Customer Question
I have paper jammed...

I have paper jammed in it. Need help in getting it unjammed. It is a HP Photosmart C5580 All-in-One printer.

Technician's Assistant: What kind of computer or device are you printing from?

As I told you it is a HP Photosmart C5580 All-in-One printer.

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on with your PHOTOSMART C5580?

About 39 minutes ago.

Technician's Assistant: When did you last update the Operating System (OS) on the computer or device you're printing from?

It has not been updated.

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Printers
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Secure Remote Assistance.
Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
3/11/2018
Technician: Harry, Engineer replied 4 months ago
Harry, Engineer

Hello:

Welcome to JustAnswer! My name is ***** ***** I am happy to be assisting you today. My sincerest apologies that it look so long for someone to reply. I've just logged in and saw your question waiting and I'm happy to assist you. Before we begin, can you please let me know if you still need help with your question? Just use the reply box to let me know.

I still have the problem.

How old is the printer?

The printer is 7 years old.

Unfortunately, the error that you are experiencing is an internal failure which would require repair/replacement. The bad news is that your printer is outside of warranty and it would cost more to repair the printer than to buy a new one. You can purchase a new one for around $50-$60 at a local electronics store such as Best Buy.