Printers

Printer repair questions? Ask IT technicians for answers ASAP

I am on my Husband Tom's Mac Air. We have verified with HP…

Customer Question
I am on my...

I am on my Husband Tom's Mac Air. We have verified with HP that our printer HP Deskjet 3510 is operational and the print request goes from the Mac but gets hung up. HP said that something had invaded the firewall and that for $140 they could clear it. In all the years we have owed Apple products we have never had a protection issue. Can you help me through this

Technician's Assistant: How are you connecting to your DeskJet: wirelessly or by USB?

Wirelessly

Technician's Assistant: When did you last update the printer driver software?

Okay im not a techie so i don't recall updating the printer driver software

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Mac Expert to know before I connect you?

The printer still copies well and was working up until just a few weeks ago. HP could see the print requests sitting in line for printing

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Printers
3/10/2018
Technician: Kamil Anwar, Technician replied 4 months ago
Kamil Anwar, Technician

Hello and Welcome to JustAnswer.

My name is ***** ***** i will be the one to assist you. Sorry to hear that you are having this trouble.

Can we do a remote session so i can fix this for you?