Printers

Printer repair questions? Ask IT technicians for answers ASAP

I have an MP240 Printer,I have used the scanner facility…

I have an MP240...

I have an MP240 Printer,I have used the scanner facility previously.

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on with your MP240? What have you tried so far?

When I used to click on the printer icon, it use to show the word scan, in the top right corner, but this no longer appears. The printer scans and prints O-K, manually but I can't get it on the desktop. Any suggestions.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Printer Expert to know before I connect you?

I think thats all .

3/10/2018
arsufi2002
arsufi2002, Technician

Hello and welcome to Justanswer.

My name is ***** ***** I am sorry to hear that you have this issue. I look forward to assist you today with your question and provide the best solution possible.

Please save this page to favorites( ctrl + d) so that you can reconnect in case you get disconnected.

Do you have the printer software on the computer?

You don't see the option to scan in that program?

arsufi2002
arsufi2002, Technician
No. There is no Scan word on the printer Page

Please follow the instructions to start a remote session.

Click here to download and run secure remote tool.

Procedure:

1: Click the above link

2: On the next page,Click the green button which says "I Agree"

3: Click "Download"

4: Double click program to run after download

Let me know if you have any issues in running the remote tool

I double clicked the download and Microsoft Windows appeared on the desktop.

What does it say on that window?

Nothing, just shows the XP picture of the hill

May i know the OS running on the computer?

I am using 10.11.6 El Capitan together with Parallels 13 to run a Windows program

Let me give you a different tool then

Let me know if you get some security messages

No security messages to date.

Did you run the new tool?

No. Where do I find The Tool ?

Did you download the tool from the new link i gave you?

No. I didn't see any link. All I get from the download is the Microsoft Screen.

i will give you the link once more

How will the link arrive ? Will there be another download ?
Can we suspend this session and pick it up tomorrow ?

Let me know when you are back

Thank You

We can speed up the process by having secure remote session.

Request you to download and run secure remote tool from below link

Click here to download file

Double click to run file after download

sorry..

please ignore above post. Its not meant for you

Thanks

Thank you for your assistance, problem now fixed