Printers

Printer repair questions? Ask IT technicians for answers ASAP

Paper won't feed properly, epson xp-410, just today, it

Customer Question
Paper won't feed properly ...

Paper won't feed properly

Technician's Assistant: What's the brand and model of your printer?

Epson xp-410

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on with your XP-410?

Just today

Technician's Assistant: When did you last update the Operating System (OS) on the computer or device you're printing from?

It prints normal size paper but it won't feed for the 5 by 7 paper which I have used many times in the past

Submitted: 5 months ago.Category: Printers
3/10/2018
Technician: Sheri, Expert replied 5 months ago
Sheri
Sheri, Expert

Thanks for using JustAnswer. I am happy to assist you with this issue. When you try using the 5x7 paper, do you get an error message or what happens?

Regards,

Sheri-Expert

Hi, I haven't heard back from you. I just wanted to follow up to see if everything is resolved and whether you still need assistance. Please reply and let me know.

Regards,

Sheri-Expert

Hi,It tries to feed and then the printer say it's out of paper. When I try to do it again it feeds but it just goes through fast and the paper is blank

Is the computer you are printing from a Mac or PC? If PC, what version of Windows?

Mac

Please click on the link below to go to the Epson webpage. Select your correct Mac Operating system from the dropdown. Then download and install the "Drivers and Utilities Combo Package". Once done, test. Please reply and let me know if that works for you or if you have any questions. Then we can go to the next step of updating the printer's firmware, if needed.

Link: https://epson.com/Support/Printers/All-In-Ones/XP-Series/Epson-XP-410/s/SPT_C11CC87201?review-filter=Mac+OS+X+10.7.x

Regards,

Sheri-Expert

Regards,

Sheri-Expert

it's still not working
Technician: Richard, Technician replied 5 months ago
Richard, Technician

Thank you for your question, my name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.

Please note, a rating is only needed when we are finished.

Can you please remove the power to the printer (so unplug it from the power socket).

Then wait 10 minutes, connect the power again to the printer, turn it on and tell me please if it is now operating correctly.

Let me know the results please