Printers

Printer repair questions? Ask IT technicians for answers ASAP

I have HP printer 7612. My printer has quit and the message…

Customer Question
I have HP printer...

I have HP printer 7612. My printer has quit and the message in the box says "Ink System Failure. There is a problem with the printer or Ink system. Turn off the printer, then back on. If problem persists, contact HP

Technician's Assistant: How are you connecting to your 7612: wirelessly or by USB?

Wireless

Technician's Assistant: When did you last update the printer driver software?

I haven't.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Printer Expert to know before I connect you?

I have new cartridges in the printer and it did align and printed a test page and then shut down again.

Submitted: 5 months ago.Category: Printers
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Remote Tech Support. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
I have had this printer over a year and it has been a good one. I would like to keep it. I called Office Depot to see if they could fix it for me and they do not fix printers. They said it would be just as cheap to buy a new printer.
3/9/2018
Technician: Sudipto, Engineer replied 5 months ago
Sudipto, Engineer

Hi, I'm Sudipto. Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now and will post back with your reply ASAP

Unfortunately, what office depot had said is true in maximum cases as day by day the repairing cost is going up and price for new printers are coming down. But, before replacing the printer, you can try the steps from the link below and if you are lucky then, you can get the printer working again otherwise you have to repair or replace the printer. Let me know if you need any further assistance otherwise, please remember to give a positive rating as that is the only way I am compensated for my time and effort.

https://support.hp.com/in-en/document/c03262508

It didn't work. ***@******.***

Sorry, that did not work, unfortunately then, you have to repair or replace the printer.