Printers

Printer repair questions? Ask IT technicians for answers ASAP

I have an HP Envy 7640 prompt states that the print carriage…

I have an HP...

I have an HP Envy 7640 prompt states that the print carriage cannot move due to a paper jam......there is no paper jam. I restarted the printer (2X) and received the same message.

Technician's Assistant: What Carriage model do you have?

I downloaded an HP configuration page...would it be listed there?

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on with your Carriage printer?

Just today

Technician's Assistant: When did you last update the Operating System (OS) on the computer or device you're printing from?

Less then a year ago ....i am pretty sure

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Printer Expert to know before I connect you?

The printer has been trouble free until today....thanks

3/10/2018
Syseng
Syseng, Engineer

My name is David.

Since the printer was just recently working, I recommend a power reset as

that will drain errors from memory and may resolve the issue. Unplug the

printer power cord and unplug all peripherals. Then leave the printer for

about 5 minutes to let all power drain. Then plug the printer power cord

into a wall socket (not a surge protector or power strip) and then plug the

printer back into all peripherals. Then power up the printer and test to see

if the issue is resolved.

Please let me know the result and if you need further assistance.

Thanks,

David.

Syseng
Syseng, Engineer
Hey Dave, I did everything that you've advised.......same prompt, regarding the ink carriage, when the printer is started. Do you have any other resolution ?Thanks
Tony

Please cancel this order. I managed to correct this situation. Please acknowledge this request by responding back to me that it has been resolved. David was very helpful ! Regards Tony ******

Hello Tony,

Thank you for letting me know and glad the issue is resolved.

Best regards,

David.