Printers

Printer repair questions? Ask IT technicians for answers ASAP

I had just loaded a new roll of paper that had a slight bend…

Customer Question
I had just loaded...

I had just loaded a new roll of paper that had a slight bend on the corner of the sheet. I hung up, ripped the paper and gave me the error code 03800500-2f47. I have removed the torn off corner from inside printer. Unplugged, then plugged back in, turned back on a few times and still receive the same error code. It was a simple paper jam that seems to have made this machine not want to print any more. Any suggestions?

Technician's Assistant: Is your printer displaying the error on all print jobs, even after you restart it?

Yes it wont print right now. I even completely removed the paper for one of the restarts and I still get the same code.

Technician's Assistant: When did you last update the printer driver software?

I don't believe I have. I had the software installed by a very knowledgeable technician. I believe he works for the local guy that sells Canon plotters in our area. It was printing fine all morning until that dang paper hung up in there. As soon as the paper tore off and hung everything up the printer displayed this error code

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Printer Expert to know before I connect you?

That's all.

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Printers
Answered in 1 day by:
3/10/2018
Technician: Harry, Engineer replied 6 months ago
Harry, Engineer

Hello:

Welcome to JustAnswer! My name is ***** ***** I am happy to be assisting you today. My sincerest apologies that it look so long for someone to reply. I've just logged in and saw your question waiting and I'm happy to assist you. Before we begin, can you please let me know if you still need help with your question? Just use the reply box to let me know.