Printers

Printer repair questions? Ask IT technicians for answers ASAP

I purchased an 8720 all in one printer about 8 months ago.

Good morning, this is...

Good morning, this is Ken Buss and i purchased an 8720 all in one printer about 8 months ago. the place where i used to live in Lexington, KY. was a house and i never had any issues with the unit what so ever. everything works great except the fax now and it keeps telling me that its the cord that is the problem. i'am using the same cord here as i did there so i have my doubts about the cord being the problem. however if you would tell me what cord i should be using i will go and purchase it today.

Technician's Assistant: Are your device's other functions (printing, copying, scanning, etc.) working fine?

Yes they are.

Technician's Assistant: When did this fax issue begin?

When i moved to this new location in the country where Windstream is the providor and we just upgraded to 25 Meg and all is working well except the faxing issue.

3/9/2018
Harry, Engineer

Hello:

Welcome to JustAnswer! My name is ***** ***** I am happy to be assisting you today. My sincerest apologies that it look so long for someone to reply. I've just logged in and saw your question waiting and I'm happy to assist you. Before we begin, can you please let me know if you still need help with your question? Just use the reply box to let me know.

I just need to know if the all in one has to have a certain type of wire to the wall before the fax machine will work right? I’ve had the machine over 8 months and it’s worked fine except I moved to a different location and now it’s saying I need a special cord. Any thoughts? I’m thinking it’s still the phone companies problem.

No, it doesn't require a special cord. Where does it say it needs a special cord?

In the fax test report. I didn’t think so so I’m going to call the phone company yet again and see if they can figure it out before I spend more money on the machine. I thank you very much and I hope you have a wonderful day. Ken

Sure, no problem!

Let me know if you still need help and I will be here.

My goal is to give you the best experience possible! I hope I have earned a 5 star rating! Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen before you leave today. If you need more assistance, please use the reply box and let me know.

Harry, Engineer
I sure will and thank you Harry