Printers

Printer repair questions? Ask IT technicians for answers ASAP

I purchased ink a while ago and am just installing them, one…

Customer Question
I purchased ink a...

I purchased ink a while ago and am just installing them, one of them is coming up as not being genuine and my printer is printing blank pages

Technician's Assistant: What's the model of your printer?

6830

Technician's Assistant: Are you getting any error messages? Are you able to open the lid that covers the cartridges on your printer?

The only message was about it not being genuine, yes I am able to open the lid I just put the new cartridges

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Printer Expert to know before I connect you?

I was able to may a copy of an item but when I tried to print something from my laptop the pages were blank

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Printers
3/9/2018
Technician: Richard, Technician replied 4 months ago
Richard, Technician

Thank you for your question, my name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.

Please note, a rating is only needed when we are finished.

Can you please remove the power to the printer (so unplug it from the power socket).

Then wait 10 minutes, connect the power again to the printer, turn it on and tell me please if it is now operating correctly.

Let me know the results please

I just plugged it in before I emailed this message, do I still need to unplug it?

yes please, just to ensure my instructions are done correctly

no thank you, ***** ***** this ink directly from HP using the instaink service and just opened them so they should be covered, not willing to keep paying for extra services
I have unplugged the printer as per your request and will let you know if this changes anything.

thanks

Ok I have now plugged the printer back in

ok, let me know how it performs please

the printer is still printing blank pages

Thanks

Can you remove the ink from the printer then power it off.

then using a Q-Tip with cleaning alcohol (or warm water if you do not have any), clean out the areas where the ink goes in.

Then use a damp cloth and wipe down the inside of the printer.

Once done, let it dry for 10 minutes

Then put the ink back in, power it on and tell me if it then prints correctly please

This will also allow you to see if any foreign objects are in the printer which may cause this.

ok

Thanks

the printer is still not working,

Thanks

It is the internal printhead that has faulted, this now confirms it

I am really sorry about this and you are going to have to return the printer to have this replaced. It will be covered by the warranty if this has not expired, and the replacement will be done at no cost to you.

I am really sorry about this, and if you have problems, or would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.

And if you can take a second to rate my service by clicking one of the stars at the top of the page, then submit, that would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you

is this something that typically happen on HP printers I have had this issue with another HP printer,if so I may change to a different brand

It happens with all printers as I deal with this everyday. Brother and Epson are the worst, and HP is by far the most robust.

I would advise you to stick with them