Printers

Printer repair questions? Ask IT technicians for answers ASAP

I am getting error code 5100 but before that, the carriage…

Customer Question
Good Morning, I am...

Good Morning, I am Blair Jarvis. I am getting error code 5100 but before that , the carriage was making noises. It worked for awhile but I unplugged it when it stopped returning the ink back. I used the local UPS store but now I have to print up my new mortgage agreement and it is a no go. If I cannot fix it with you I will go buy a new printer. The Green "ON" light is blinking the blue connection light is on and the orange troubleshoot light is blinking. Should I give up or get the Krazy Glue?

Technician's Assistant: Is your printer displaying the error on all print jobs, even after you restart it?

YUP

Technician's Assistant: When did you last update the printer driver software?

Nothing happens when I try, I tried tonight.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Printer Expert to know before I connect you?

No, just please make sure she reads it all, thanx!

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Printers
3/9/2018
Technician: Richard, Technician replied 6 months ago
Richard, Technician

Thank you for your question, my name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.

Please note, a rating is only needed when we are finished.

Can you please remove the power to the printer (so unplug it from the power socket).

Then wait 10 minutes, connect the power again to the printer, turn it on and tell me please if it is now operating correctly.

Let me know the results please