Printers

Printer repair questions? Ask IT technicians for answers ASAP

I have a canon ip3000 and my mac with latest OS of 10.13.3…

Customer Question
Hi I have a...

Hi I have a canon ip3000 and my mac with latest OS of 10.13.3 no longer recognises the canon software to print wirelessly. Do you know if there is any software that i can install for this printer so that it will print wirelessly from my mac? cheers

Technician's Assistant: How are you connecting to your IP3000: wirelessly or by USB?

Wirelessly which i have always done works wirelessly from my husbands mac as he has an older OS

Technician's Assistant: When did you last update the printer driver software?

I tried recently. but there seems to be nothing available that will work on this mac. we updated it recently

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Mac Expert to know before I connect you?

No. that's it. from what i can understand and after speaking to apple support, it seems to me that i willl need a new printer UNLESS there is canon ip3000 software that will allow it to be connected to my mac OS 10.13.3

Submitted: 5 months ago.Category: Printers
3/9/2018
Technician: Richard, Technician replied 5 months ago
Richard, Technician

Thank you for your question, my name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.

Please note, a rating is only needed when we are finished.

Can you please remove the power to the printer (so unplug it from the power socket).

Then wait 10 minutes, connect the power again to the printer, turn it on and tell me please if it is now operating correctly.

Let me know the results please