Printers

Printer repair questions? Ask IT technicians for answers ASAP

We are trying to reestablish printer connection via new

Customer Question
We are trying to...

We are trying to reestablish printer connection via new modem router. Have tried everything on line but not winning. Continues to error after process followed. printer CD unreadiable. Printer is a cannon Pixima 3200. Was working wireless prior to new modem. Thanks

Technician's Assistant: What kind of computer or device are you printing from?

Cannon pixima 3200

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on with your Pixma?

Months.

Technician's Assistant: When did you last update the Operating System (OS) on the computer or device you're printing from?

Never probably. I’m trying to help a friend who is not computer savvy. I guess the operating system in settings. The computer is as old as the printer.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Printer Expert to know before I connect you?

I don’t know what I don’t know

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Printers
3/9/2018
Technician: technicalcat, Consultant replied 4 months ago
technicalcat
technicalcat, Consultant

Hello and thank you for using this service. My name is ***** ***** I will help you now.

Have you already connected the printer to your wireless network? This is usually accomplished by using the buttons and small screen on the printer itself (not your computer)

NOTE: To reply to me, please type your message in the box below and click the button to send.

The Cannon pixima 3200 does not have a screen
No. Would be almost as cheap to buy a new printer. We have just signed up to a 50 dollar fee to talk to you

The lower end printers without screens have to be first connected to a computer with USB, and then configured with software. The fastest and easiest way to fix these kinds of problems is a remote connection, which includes phone support. I can connect directly to your computer and call you and fix the problem while you watch and communicate with me. Would you like remote services?

I noticed you mention replacing the printer based on the cost of support. One thing you may want to consider is that a new printer will need to also be connected to your wireless network, if you wish for it to be a wireless printer. Often the same technical issues arise if you replace a working printer with a different one, and you will still need support to get everything working properly.

As your comments have not been helpful we will abort chat and have canceled payment
Cheers

I'm sorry you feel that way, but I didn't get a response from you regarding if you wanted to proceed to try to get the printer connected yourself with me linking you to the software, or with my help via remote connection.