Printers

Printer repair questions? Ask IT technicians for answers ASAP

My workforce 545 won't print. I keep getting a flase message…

My workforce 545 won't...

My workforce 545 won't print. I keep getting a flase message that a paper jam has occurred.

Technician's Assistant: What kind of computer or device are you printing from?

Pc

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on with your WorkForce?

Several weeks

Technician's Assistant: When did you last update the Operating System (OS) on the computer or device you're printing from?

Microsoft sends periodic updates automaticaly to the pc

3/9/2018
Harry, Engineer

Hello:

Welcome to JustAnswer! My name is ***** ***** I am happy to be assisting you today. My sincerest apologies that it look so long for someone to reply. I've just logged in and saw your question waiting and I'm happy to assist you. Before we begin, can you please let me know if you still need help with your question? Just use the reply box to let me know.

The printer was working with the document feeder only. If the document table is opened I get a message telling me that there is a paper jam--untrue. In the past I've been able to get the feeder to work by rebooting (physically disconnecting the power cord). Now, that no longer works.

Unfortunately, it is a sensor issue.

How old is the printer?

$39 is too much considering the value of the printer. It would make more sense to just replace it. So, the answer is: no. I don't remember exactly but more than 5 yrs. old.

I declined the remote assistance so it will be refunded back.

Unfortunately, the error that you are experiencing is an internal failure which would require repair/replacement. The bad news is that your printer is outside of warranty and it would cost more to repair the printer than to buy a new one. You can purchase a new one for around $50-$60 at a local electronics store such as Best Buy.

Is it (the sensor issue) repairable?

No, it would end up costing more to fix it than to buy a new printer.

Harry, thanks for your honest response and the refund.

You're welcome -- I apologize that I had to deliver the bad news to you. Please understand that we do not like to deliver bad news because our rating on the site is based on the feedback of our customers so bad news situations are difficult to deal with. Thankfully, a large majority of our customers are understanding that we are just messengers in the situation and do not take it out on the rating system.

My goal is to give you the best experience possible! I hope I have earned a 5 star rating! Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen before you leave today. If you need more assistance, please use the reply box and let me know.

Harry, Engineer
Will do.