Printers

Printer repair questions? Ask IT technicians for answers ASAP

I can't print from the computer to the printer -- just blank…

Customer Question
Hi! I can't print from...
Hi! I can't print from the computer to the printer -- just blank sheets come out, so they are connected, but nothing is printing. We replaced ink cartridges, did nozzle checks, etc., etc., and even made a copy, so it's not the ink, and the computer is communicating to the printer, just blank sheets print out...Last Fri, a JustAnswer Expert worked on the Word program, FYI, thanks!
Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Printers
3/9/2018
Technician: Syseng, Engineer replied 6 months ago
Syseng
Syseng, Engineer

My name is David.

Since the printer was just recently working, I recommend a power reset first as

that will drain errors from memory and may resolve the issue. Unplug the

printer power cord and unplug all peripherals. Then leave the printer for

about 5 minutes to let all power drain. Then plug the printer power cord

into a wall socket (not a surge protector or power strip) and then plug the

printer back into all peripherals. Then power up the printer and test to see

if the issue is resolved.

Please let me know the result and if you need further assistance.

If that doesn't work then next I recommend uninstalling the driver, rebooting, then reinstalling the drivers (I will provide details if the first procedure does not resolve the issue).

do turn offf the printer before unplugging it? If it works can I plug it back into the surge protector?
its difficult to plug the printer into a wall socket. I have tto move it. what's involved in you fixing the device?
i payed the $39 last Friday. has it expired?
are you there?

Yes I am here - I did not receive notification of your posts on 03/08.

You can plug it in to a surge protector if that is your only option. Yes, you should unplug the printer without turning it off for the best result.

If that does not work just let me know as there are other procedures that may resolve the issue.